FINAL Server discussion thread. ALL OTHERS WILL BE MOVED.

how do I get access to the fun server map? I always get invited to events but I don't have the password
 
In the main forum page, click on the TF2 Scrim info forum and the top sticky lists the upcoming event. The IP is the same but the password changes for every event.
 
What do you guys think of an Arena Server again? Do you think it would work? Discuss.
 
What do you guys think of an Arena Server again? Do you think it would work? Discuss.
I think what we had a few days ago would work; having the fun server as an arena server whenever it's not being used. Most of the time it's locked and no one is using it, so why not put up some arena maps for the time being? :)
 
I personally can enjoy an Arena server with only 12 people on it. I love to play Arena, because it is totally different from the other game types. With all honesty, I don't recall the Arena server doing bad at all. The server got players on it quite often. Not to mention, this new arena map with the scout pack is just ahwsum.
 
I personally can enjoy an Arena server with only 12 people on it. I love to play Arena, because it is totally different from the other game types. With all honesty, I don't recall the Arena server doing bad at all. The server got players on it quite often. Not to mention, this new arena map with the scout pack is just ahwsum.

It was doing ok, but it was still the lowest ranked eGO TF2 server at the time it got the axe, not to get into a debate on if it was ready to climb in rank or not. And, yes watchtower is awwwsomee.
 
I would love an arena server.

...Just don't have a maxplayers playing limit or that stupid "wait a round to play" thing.

And no crits. Crits in arena suck immensely.
 
I would also like to have the arena server back, but arena servers never really fill up like the other maps because people don't like to wait.
 
Well, seeing as how the fun server is only getting much use on certain nights, wouldn't it be good, then, if it was to find use as an arena server? Seeing as how it's arena, having too many players would be counter productive, so wouldn't having an arena server without the increased max players be a good use for it? As it would still have some usage in the off nights then, but won't tax the machines as much as a standard server?
 
I agree with using the Fun Server as an Arena server. It'd be nice to use it for something other than events.

Also, maybe bring back achievement farming nights.
 
I agree with using the Fun Server as an Arena server. It'd be nice to use it for something other than events.

Also, maybe bring back achievement farming nights.

It's also used for admin training and as a test server. It has its uses during the off-hours.
 
Love the current servers. Played in PL Rotation, and it was a blast!!

2 Fort IR is still the best and Dustbowl too! Thanks for the awesome servers!
 
Swift is a GREAT custom map, and it's done and in it's final version. No idea if we'll get swift on our servers, but if Swift comes to Ego, i will be like atten is to valve maps. Seeding everyday, buggin mah friends to help fill it and just being a sheeder.

http://www.fpsbanana.com/maps/85660
 
Hey, not to question the almighty whoever-is-in-charge-of-servers, but something tells me having a lock on the arena server isn't this smartest idea ever.

If you guys are still testing maps or have some ulterior motive, then feel free to pretend I didn't post.
 
Fun Server is just that, for fun, its a test server for me to test plugins that may need to be put on the main servers. The fun server does not have HLstatsX. Like respawn said its a fun/test server. We will keep it locked, additionally it would LAG the other servers if that one was full all the time.

'Hey, not to question the almighty whoever-is-in-charge-of-servers, but something tells me having a lock on the arena server isn't this smartest idea ever.'

We don't have an arena server.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top