Anyone Here in the U.S. Armed Forces?

AngelCakes

Thread Thumper
Joined
Mar 20, 2009
Messages
1,031
Just wondering if anyone in EGO is also in the U.S. Armed Services. A few of my friends are interested in joining the Army and the Marines and want to know what its like and some advice. Personally, I am interested myself as well.

Thanks and God Bless America
 
I'm not in it but I have a large amount of friends that are in the U.S. Marines and U.S. Army. From what I've been told, Marines have it the toughest when it comes to boot camp, thus their motto "The proud few". U.S. Army on the other hand has an easier and shorter boot camp and also offers a signing bonus, that's all the info I have... :)
 
i'd have to say the navy seals are the ultimate elite squad but marines are a close second :P
 
I'm not in it but I have a large amount of friends that are in the U.S. Marines and U.S. Army. From what I've been told, Marines have it the toughest when it comes to boot camp, thus their motto "The proud few". U.S. Army on the other hand has an easier and shorter boot camp and also offers a signing bonus, that's all the info I have... :)

Air Force has the shortest boot camp. From what I'm told the Marines have the lowest sign up bonus. Those facts however should have nothing to do with why you sign up. I suggest talking to someone who has been in the service awhile. I also suggest not signing anything the first time you talk to a recruiter. From what I'm told they can offer you all sorts of bonuses but if it's not written in your contract they don't have to give them to you if you sign and don't have the contract looked over first you're pretty much out of luck. Also if you have a set job in mind and the recruiter says they don't have it available; walk away. Don't let them make you settle for a fancy named job and you end up cleaning weapons with q-tips and toothbrush.
 
Last edited:
wow thx alot guys...ive recently joined ego and i never really believed taht everyone in this clan would be so helpful. thanks alot guys...ill def take your answers into consideration :)

do you guys know anything about special forces btw?...or is it too secret to talk about?
 
Im enlisted in the Marine Corps but im the Delayed Entry Program. All that means is im waiting to ship to recruit training on June 15th.

To give you idea on how long boot camp is.....I ship June 15th to it and have a graduation date of September 11th.

I didnt get a signing bonus but if your joining and looking for that extra Money i sure you could if you truley want it or go Army(I noticed they hand it out like candy)

From my understanding( remember it could be wrong) to get into Recon for the Marines you have to have a 03xx contract(infantry), have been on a tour, and complete a indoc.
 
do you guys know anything about special forces btw?...or is it too secret to talk about?
I'm pretty sure there's an order of MOS's you have to follow in order to work up to Special Forces. You don't show up to the place and go I WANT THIS ONE! It depends on your ASVAB scores and what they have available. Lets say you find a job you want, the Marines don't have it you could always go to the Army recruiter and see if the Army has it open.
 
hmm thx alot for the info guys i'll be sure to pass on this information :) and kashusmc...you can send a message to the admins for the national service award since your in the marines.
 
I'm pretty sure there's an order of MOS's you have to follow in order to work up to Special Forces. You don't show up to the place and go I WANT THIS ONE! It depends on your ASVAB scores and what they have available. Lets say you find a job you want, the Marines don't have it you could always go to the Army recruiter and see if the Army has it open.

+1. Think about what you want to do for a living. Learning ways to kill people and survive are great skills, but do you really want to do just that every single day? If so great. If not, make sure you pick an MOS (or Rate, or whatever it's called in each branch) that interests you. Pick something that you would like to do on a day to day basis and that you can use if/when you get out of the service.
 
I'm actually on the road to becoming a Coast Guardsman and if you have any questions/are interested in that I'd talk to USCG Hammer, Insurgency division leader and boatswain down in Florida. He helped me out a lot.
 
Last edited:
hmm thx alot for the info guys i'll be sure to pass on this information :) and kashusmc...you can send a message to the admins for the national service award since your in the marines.
Not a Marine yet, just a poolie. 79 more days and ill be a recruit...September 11th ill be a Marine!
 

Latest posts

Back
Top