List of thing I need help with.

Griffen

Rookie
Joined
May 10, 2009
Messages
75
Ok,
First: When I go to servers, the lighting on some maps make it hard for me to play. My card won't let me brighten the game, and I've put the contrast on the highest brightness. Anyone know how I could fix this?

And Second: After I get that fixxed, could I get some in-game tutoring for Spy, Pyro, and Demoman? I can't play them well when the team needs one >_>
 
The first problem I cannot help you with, but the second isnt hard, you can use youtube to find movies on how to play, also in the discussionforum you will have the pyro and the spy tutoral
 
Yah, I saw videos and the guides, but I still get caught as a Spy, I don't know how to "ninja" Pyro lol, and I get shot instantly as Demoman without putting up a fight.
 
For the first problem, I'd recommend checking out this forum: http://www.edgegamers.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=379

For the second problem, I know that there are a few players on this forum who are willing to do one-on-one training. I think the bottom line is that if you want to get good at a class you just have to dedicate time to playing it. I would look for videos and FAQs online to get the basic ideas down, but being good is just something that takes time. We have a lot of experienced players on our servers so don't get discouraged if you aren't keeping up with them. Just remember that they started off at square one once too.
 
Nothing can substitute for pure time and practice for learning a class.

You can watch every video on YouTube and frankly, you will still suck until you actually play and learn it yourself.

Many of the things you need to "learn" actually need to become instinct and behaviours.

If this wasn't the case everyone would be amazing at every class, right?

:D
 
Yah, I saw videos and the guides, but I still get caught as a Spy, I don't know how to "ninja" Pyro lol, and I get shot instantly as Demoman without putting up a fight.

Id suggest to play as pyro if you are a beginner, spy should be left alone for a later class to play once you figured out a diff class stratagy then go back and pick up spy again. As for pyro tips, thereven is an awsome pyro and im sure would be willing to spare a few tips with you. Id suggest imo to keep the original flamethrower and the shotgun and the axstinguisher (if you have it) as your main weapons. The original flamethrower (if you dont already know) has a secondary fire which causes an air burst allowing you to deflect rockets, grenades ect.. back at your opponants or you can use it to push them back into a corner and once on fire switch to your axstinguisher and get 100% crits on them. As for playing a ninja pyro, the main thing here imo is knowing how to flank your enemy and mainly hit and run leaving them to die from fire injuries...surprise attacks are a must. Here is a link to a vid on advanced pyro tutorials hope it helps some. Wish I could help more, but pyro is my 3rd fav class and I dont know all the strats as pyro.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G8-00nwyK9Q"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G8-00nwyK9Q[/ame]
 
Add my Steam, I'm pretty handy at pyro if you need help, I'll be happy to help! :]
...Also, I know how to stay alive at Spy but am by no means good at it.
 
Ok,
First: When I go to servers, the lighting on some maps make it hard for me to play. My card won't let me brighten the game, and I've put the contrast on the highest brightness. Anyone know how I could fix this?

What video card do you have? And is your problem that it's too dark or too bright?
 
There are a lot of skilled spies in eGO. I had 400 hours of spy before i reset my stats just add me on friends or look in game for one of us.
 
First off...
What video card do you have? And is your problem that it's too dark or too bright?

Let me see... I did say, and I quote

Me said:
My card won't let me brighten the game, and I've put the contrast on the highest brightness.

So I the answer to your question, is that it's to dark for me.
Heres those video card specs you wanted..
Manufacturer: MSI
Video Card: ASUS EAH4550 series

And second, if anyone wants me to add them to there friends list, could you do it for me? I get lazy at that lol,

Thank for the help.
 
Ok, so you've got an ATI card. Do you have the little red ATI icon in the lower right notification area?

If so, you'll want to open the control panel. From there, go to the color settings and adjust your Gamma slider. Mine is set at 1.20, but yours may require something higher.

If windows normally appears bright enough, you may want to just adjust the settings within the TF2 game itself. Click on options, video, brightness, and adjust the gamma slider there instead.
 
Well, actually I found out why it won't let me brighten the screen ingame. Under Advanced Options, there's this thing called Color Correction. I think that's blocking my screen settings, but it's black out, so I can't switch it to disabled. Is there a way to do it manually in the console?
 
Nothing can take youtubes place when it comes to tutorials. But there are pyro, soldier and engie guides in the division discussion forum. But still, practice makes perfect.
 
Well, actually I found out why it won't let me brighten the screen ingame. Under Advanced Options, there's this thing called Color Correction. I think that's blocking my screen settings, but it's black out, so I can't switch it to disabled. Is there a way to do it manually in the console?

I don't think the color correction is the problem. It's grayed out most likely because your video card doesn't support that option.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top