Sniper or Spy? Who first?

Who first? Spy or Sniper?

  • Sniper

    Points: 25 46.3%
  • Spy

    Points: 29 53.7%

  • Total voters
    54

Captain Ashton

Forum Fanatic
Joined
Jul 31, 2008
Messages
986
So when the Sniper/spy update is released, whos unlockables are you going to aim for first?

I'm going to try to get the huntsman first (hopefully it will be the first sniper unlockable) after which I'll be trying to get the Spy's new gear.
 
Last edited:
I'll try the sniper first, just to get the bow, and after that I'll go for the spy. Ambassador...:drool:
 
I was think of slowly getting the spys, but then I thought na, I want the Dead Ringer now.
 
Spy. Love the spy, and I can't wait to see how the mechanics of those new watches work. Some of the finer points, yet the most important ones, have been left out by Valve.

Dead Ringer - Does it show the upper-right hand corner kill sprite for the person who "killed" you so they really believe it? If not, this watch won't be worth much more than a half-second distraction. That could be nice, but not in exchange for my normal cloaking device.

Cloak and Dagger - How much charge do you get standing still while invisible? Do you break even, like when cloaked on a level 1 dispenser? You neither gain nor lose cloak? Or do you really GAIN charge when standing still invisible? Otherwise, it seems like the perfect balance to have the spy uncloak to gain the charge back, forcing him to be visible for at least some short time.

The sniper stuff is a little more straightforward. Though I'm still really disappointed in Jarate. I got a giggle out of it on April Fool's, cause it was so juvenile and silly. While TF2 can have some good humor in it, that's just a bit much, it really makes me feel guilty for playing a game that lets me throw pee on people.

What's next, Valve, flaming bag of poop bombs for the demo? When the enemy comes out of their base and tries to step on it to put it out, they realize it's full of poo...but not just any poo, EXPLOSIVE POO! Then it explodes and anyone with any poo on them dies!
 
Sniper, because playing as a spy is an art to me. I don't want to rush his achievements.

the feelings are mutual. As much as I love the spy, I want to enjoy doing those achievements. So ill get the sniper anchievements over and done with and then cherrish the spy achievements like a little kid opening up all his presents on Christmas day.
 
I want to earn spy legit. So ill probably farm the sniper b/c I'm not good at sniper

FYI Bow Jarate Combo is going to be so fun
 
I think I will not farm either and just play and get them when I get them

I might play medic since getting back stabbed and head spotted is fun
 
>.> spy is an art too me like people have said, BUT, i really dont want to have to wait so i'll get the achivements until either 1: the cloak and dagger unlocks or 2: i get 1-2 of the 3-4 (Depending on how meny there are) and decide to go with the rest since i want to legit SOME of them >.> but mainly i want the cloak and dagger so i might just farm the whole thing, who knows
 
Sniper first, want to throw pee at people, then pyro, to be annoying, then spy after all the crazy people playing as either calm down...as spy is my favorite I will savor his achievements and new toys :D.
 
I think I'll go for Spy first since I'm more of a Sniper kinda guy. If I go for all the Sniper achievements first, I'll probably never get to the Spy ones. :P
 
I'm going to to the sniper first since people will be expecting spies. I'll start doing spy achievements once the update hype has died down
 
Last edited:
I'm going to earn them legitimately along with my other unlocks. This is just the way I am.
 
I play Spy way more than Sniper, so yeah, I'll go for Spy.

Although, I'm pretty sure the method for unlocking the new weapons will be very different than the previous updates, if any of the indications are to be trusted.
 
What's next, Valve, flaming bag of poop bombs for the demo? When the enemy comes out of their base and tries to step on it to put it out, they realize it's full of poo...but not just any poo, EXPLOSIVE POO! Then it explodes and anyone with any poo on them dies!

Uhm, no.. because the sniper has had those jars since the Meet the sniper video, it fits him. Not intended to be "funny" but "humiliating". It was a joke at first, but now that they released it, they aren't implying its a "joke" its just there to humiliate your enemies and have some pretty nice abilities to it.

Also, sniper first. going to enjoy the spy achievements.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top