FINAL Server discussion thread. ALL OTHERS WILL BE MOVED.

Could we get a server in Europe with every valve map rotation rtv? Not that 150 ping is unplayable, it's just the hours I play. I think we should give it a go, and I recon it would get a good score.
 
Question: For me, whenever I try to add any of these servers to favorites, it doesn't work. When I try to join, I get a server not found error.

Now, the one I DO have in favorites, Dustbowl, has a totally different IP then listed, 174.36.42.209:27015.

Am I doing something wrong?

Edit: Never mind, I am stupid for not seeing the "server listing" button on the left menu.

Still, it's weird to have out-of-date info in a sticky.
 
Last edited:
I don't wish to disagree with the leadership. However I would consider the new pipeline map would be more reasonable to be on the PL server instead of the value maps server.
 
I don't wish to disagree with the leadership. However I would consider the new pipeline map would be more reasonable to be on the PL server instead of the value maps server.


WHA???


Pipeline is on the old Warpath server for the time being. Not sure what they plan on doing with it down the road. The other new PL map Hoodoo, I believe, is on the PL rotation server now with Badwater and Goldrush.
 
I was playing the new arena maps on another server and they are quite nice. I know we had an arena server that didn't do too well in the past but I think it would be nice to give it another shot since new and better maps are out. This server I played them on also had 15 minute map changes which kept me engaged instead of leaving like I normally would. Just a thought.
 
"Reviving Thread"
Also, I heard that eGO will put on 4 more servers from Toilet Pastries. He says the last server will need to chose. I hope it's Arena.
 
I'm sure arena mode was added after you made these decisions but still......no rotating map arena mode server? I love that game type and I'm sad that i have to play on non ego servers with idiots and 12 year old potty mouths.
 
I was real happy to see Arena back... up till I found out Id have well over a 100 ping on it = P oh well, the dream will just have to remain a dream for me.
 
Ok, this is good so we don't have to deal with 100 let use this map or I want this map threads. Thanks GGVW.
 
Is "spawncampin" allowed in servers? At Black Mesa, there was a player called Galkafisher who did constantly spawncamp us, and while his other team was capturing the points, he went and rushed to B (I was at blue, he red) and we lost 8 times in a row and then I did quit for losing my joy to play there.
We were just powerless, whatever we did, they always won because of him. I just am not sure if it was allowed, so I haven't whined to admins yet.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Is spawn"camping" allowed in servers? At Black Mesa, there was a player called Galkafisher who did constantly spawnrape us, and while his other team was capturing the points, he went and rushed to B (I was at blue, he red) and we lost 8 times in a row and then I did quit for losing my joy to play there.
We were just powerless, whatever we did, they always won because of him. I just am not sure if it was allowed, so I haven't whined to admins yet.

"Spawncamping" is allowed.

Also in Mesa there's 3 exits to get out from.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
"Spawncamping" is allowed.

Also in Mesa there's 3 exits to get out from.

Oh ok.
But those exits... I know them, and they didn't help me. Sometimes I got past, and tried to get to those points, but there was reds too and I got killed as soon as I came there :P

There IS a rule for respecting other ppl, isn't that disrespective not letting them get going without getting killed right after spawning?
 
No, it's not disrespect...it's a legitimate game strategy. You can fight against it by building up an uber in spawn or putting together some sort of coordinated attack...it's all part of working as a team.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top