DR vs CnD Showdown.

Which is better, DR or CnD

  • Dead Ringer

    Points: 12 28.6%
  • Cloak and Dagger

    Points: 20 47.6%
  • Old one!?

    Points: 10 23.8%

  • Total voters
    42
I only have dead ringer so far, but it really seems to be a map specific choice.

Maps that are super linear dead ringer doesnt seem to get too much done considering that you have to run out of your teams starting area in plain sight...
 
I've tried both and while I think the CnD is better in terms of the good you do for your team, the DR is so much more satisfying. I just love it when and opponent "kills" me, then while he's taunting over my body I uncloak and stab him, then flick a cigarette onto his lifeless corpse.
 
I found a duplicate backburner, flaregun, and axetinguisher. Maybe if I get lucky I can find a clone pyro and we can tag-team it.
 
I have the Cloak and Dagger, its really bad for my playstyle. You basically get to creep around for 30mins then stab a few people run away and hide in a corner hoping they didnt watch you go over there.

Haven't got dead ringer -- this will be my favorite

So right now, normal watch.
 
CnD more suits my playing style and i think that each 'watch' comes with a fairly well defined playing style.
Don't get me wrong, you could quite happily use any of them for any situation, but there are sometimes when one would make more sense over the other.

From what I've seen:
> CnD - deep operations. Can get well in behind advancing enemies and stay hidden, striking at high value targets.
> Normal - Just in behind the front-line, most versatile, most people know how to play this one anyway.
> DR - not tried this one yet, but most spies seem to be quite happy to run around with the ambassador, firing wildly at an enemy, 'die' and then re-appear right behind their target.

Either way, i'm sure everyone will play with whichever variation they find most suitable.
 
If only I could get any new weapon......

I'm having the same problem....only unlocked 3 extra Backburners :(.

As to the poll question, I've only seen the Dead Ringer (my bro unlocked it on Friday). It looks really great--he says that it's extremely effective.
 
I only geave dead ringer but i have heard good stuff about cloak and dagger so i f i could i would choose both. :)
 
It's really interesting how the two weapons are so even with each other; neither can be considered a fully better than the other.

However it seems to me that both seem to be upgrades from the normal watch. It still has its advantages like regaining stealth from ammo, but I don't see players using it after they unlock the other watches. I think it could be improved if it lost its cloak and decloak sound. This would allow all three watches to remain equally powerful alternatives to each other.
 
CnD scares the crap out of me, in case you haven't seen Phoenix Wrights' thread.
 
I can't say another about Dead Ringer, seeing as how I don't have it, but I much prefer the old cloak over C&D. CnD makes me feel like I'm contributing less by taking so long to get from point A to B, and I can find metal incredibly easy in most cases that CnD is only worth it if I'm standing absolutely still. The only time I will use CnD is before a round starts while on defense, and set it to old watch on death.
 
relliksdeadringer.jpg
 

Latest posts

Back
Top