Resolution Help

Joined
Mar 22, 2009
Messages
77
My computers kind old and I have to turn the Res down on some games. The problem is the screen is always off center or part of the screen is cut off. My monitor is a 19" that normaly runs at 1440X900. How do I fix this?
 
Your monitor is not able to handle the resolution you've set in the display settings. You need to choose a smaller resolution, or buy a monitor that can handle the resolutions you want to achieve.

I highly recommend ViewSonic. They aren't cheap, but they are extremely high quality.
 
Your monitor is not able to handle the resolution you've set in the display settings. You need to choose a smaller resolution, or buy a monitor that can handle the resolutions you want to achieve.

I highly recommend ViewSonic. They aren't cheap, but they are extremely high quality.

My monitor is a 19" LCD and the default setting is 1440X900. The problem happens when I try to turn the resolution down. It works fine on 1440X900, but on some games, like far cry 2 or GTA4, I have to turn the resolution down or I get bad FPS. Thats where Im having trouble.
 
You should be more specific. Is it widescreen? If its not your default should be 1280x1024
 
Alright whats your Video Card? Are you running an on-board? You might be stressing your Video Card so much that it resets your resolution. If you're running Intel Integrated GFX then all hopes gone.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top