Does anyone else feel let down by L4D-2?

Zoltran

I made one post
Joined
May 28, 2009
Messages
5
Man, when i started playing L4D it was awesome. Completely different considering i had previously filled my time with hours of Zombie Panic. So much was promised, new campaigns, maps, more modes; and some of it was delivered, like the modes. But....when they announced L4D-2 it was like a knife through my heart, and the fifty bucks i spent on L4D. Once worse i decided to take a look at the official game play video. The game play looks the same. The characters look the same. The maps look the same, save that their are daytime events. I hear they are adding some new interesting zombies, and im sure it will have its perks, but i still feel let down that they didn't offer more on L4D, anybody else feel the same?

PS- I stopped playing L4D the moment i heard about #2. My heart just wasn't in it anymore. =(
 
The simple solution is to not buy it. Valve doesn't owe the gamers nothing they're out there to make money. When gamers figure that out then the crying from them will stop.
 
We already have a thread about L4D2. But to answer your question, Valve is a company. They use real people, who have real bills, who have real families to feed. And besides, no one says you have to buy the game.
 
Meh, either way L4d bored me after I realized that there was so little meat in the game. Not much of a variety in maps/monsters/guns. The only objective is to shoot and run to the next saferun, wish there were more objectives for more tactical gameplay that you have to coordinate for like all the stuff they have to do in the movies.
 
They promised to not let L4D down. They will add more content after the release of L4D2. If they don't do anythin, now you can boycott them.
 
The first one didn't have the variety I need in a shooter to keep me coming back. I beat it in one sitting and didn't enjoy the multiplayer. I was done with that game in less than 2 days.

I have to say I think that they put themselves in a corner with that game by creating the levels heavily based on the certain zombie types (the few that there are), and the events that are there. It was just easier to create an entire new game rather than create all new levels, zombies, and weapons, as well as functions and events for an already existing game. Basically they didn't have any other choice. They had to make L4D2. Look at it as an expensive (probably won't be too bad) expansion on the first game.
 
I think everyone who is so upset needs to wait a little longer. We have been given ONE look at the game thus far. What if the game has an exponentially larger amount of content than the first one? What if it is totally worth the price tag regardless of what was promised earlier? Just wait a bit.
 
My problem isn't l4d2 which I won't buy, but my problem is that valve didn't keep their promises. Google search for yourself, before the survivor pack release everybody was stoked for the promised new weapons, new modes and new campaigns. Not to mention they were going to do some "Meet the..." videos for l4d also. I'm very disappointed in l4d, especially because a patch soon after release has made the game unplayable. I'm lucky if I get 9fps now.
 
I'm more letdown that Valve still has not said anything about Episode 3 for the longest time now.
 
I'm more letdown that Valve still has not said anything about Episode 3 for the longest time now.

That's for sure, I'd also like to hear more about their desire to develop a Wii game. That would be very exciting. Also, it would be exciting to hear about the MMO they've been wanting to develop.
 
Or you can join the L4D2 boycott (steam group), 38,000+ strong!

Yeah, I've all ready joined. Hopefully something will come of it. They want to release a second game, fine by me, but atleast give us what you promised. This reminds me of when novalogic pulled drivable vehicles from DF:BHD:TS the day before release.
 
Man, when i started playing L4D it was awesome. Completely different considering i had previously filled my time with hours of Zombie Panic. So much was promised, new campaigns, maps, more modes; and some of it was delivered, like the modes. But....when they announced L4D-2 it was like a knife through my heart, and the fifty bucks i spent on L4D. Once worse i decided to take a look at the official game play video. The game play looks the same. The characters look the same. The maps look the same, save that their are daytime events. I hear they are adding some new interesting zombies, and im sure it will have its perks, but i still feel let down that they didn't offer more on L4D, anybody else feel the same?

PS- I stopped playing L4D the moment i heard about #2. My heart just wasn't in it anymore. =(


I can't be let down by a game that i have never played before... to answer this would merely be speculation of the end user experience .
 
They develop video games. They can be slackers. They single-handedly changed the gaming industry forever. I bought HL1 and paid $50 for it ... and then played Team Fortress and Counter Strike (FREE to those who owned HL1) for over a decade.

I feel soooo cheated.

/end sarcasm
 
Well, I have never played l4d 1, but from gameplay videos, l4d 2 is a complete failer. All they did was add some extra guts n' gore, and some nice lighting effects.

And they obviosuly cant read - the promised all l4d1 cutomers free content for life.


Not to mention completly different characters. The l4d community was happy with Bill/Zoey/Louis/Francis.
 
And they obviosuly cant read - the promised all l4d1 cutomers free content for life.

*facedesk*

Just because they're releasing a sequel, doesn't mean they will cancel all content for L4D1. Plus reading doesn't have anything to do with it.



Not to mention completly different characters. The l4d community was happy with Bill/Zoey/Louis/Francis.

Meh.
 
That was just taking the opnions from the other 38,000 people on the steam group.
 
That steam group is full of idiots who just want to look like they're trying to do something. Valve has been so down to earth with its customers, and now you guys are treating them like they are anything short of professional. If you don't like L4D2, don't buy it. Stick with L4D1, since alot of user-content is being created (Actually, alot of it is already released.) Stop whining, stop complaining, stop listening to the opinions of a few punks on the steam forum, and get over it. Nothing forces you to buy L4D2. If you care that much about it, wait for a sale.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top