My future computer

CrimsonLotus

Forum Fiend
Joined
Apr 9, 2009
Messages
657
Hey guys I just wanted to know what you guys thought of my future computer I'm gonna buy when I get a job. Here are the specs :

700 Watt -- Power Supply SLI Ready

Intel? Core? i7 920 Processor (4x 2.66GHz/8MB L3 Cache)

iBUYPOWER Napoleon CPU Cooling Fan System Kit

Asus P6T SE Intel X58 Chipset CrossFire Supported w/7.1 Sound, Triple-Channel DDR3, Gb LAN, S-ATA Raid, USB 2.0, Triple PCI-E

6 GB [2 GB X3] DDR3-1333 Triple Memory Module

NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GTX+ 1GB w/DVI + TV Out Video

500 GB Hard Drive

LG 22X Dual Format/Double Layer DVD?R/?RW + CD-R/RW Drive

Creative Lab Sound Blaster Audigy SE

iBUYPOWER 2.1 Channel Stereo Super Bass Subwoofer Speaker System

Intel Pro 10/100/1000 Network Card

Built-in USB 2.0 Ports

Add External USB 2.0 Hub (4x USB 2.0 Ports)

Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium

Tell me what you think and if I should look for better things.

P.S. : I'm not too great with computers and I'm trying to put a certain price on it. It's already $1,289 and my price range is $1,300.
 
Well ...
Since you don't have a job now ... and it's $1300 away from getting here.
The specs are going to be super old by the time you get that collected.
Unless you actually make decent money (since the majority of css players are under 18, I assume that) then things are going to change drastically to that list...

Looks nice. Good luck with that, and the job.
 
Well ...
Since you don't have a job now ... and it's $1300 away from getting here.
The specs are going to be super old by the time you get that collected.
Unless you actually make decent money (since the majority of css players are under 18, I assume that) then things are going to change drastically to that list...

Looks nice. Good luck with that, and the job.

Well I'll most likely get a job, get as much as I can then wait until Christmas and make my mom pay for what's left. Haha. I'm gonna try hard to get it all myself.
 
Why buy a sound card when your Mobo already supports 7.1? Unless you're an audio enthusiast or have a system that would be put to shame to be plugged into a mobo sound card, I doubt you'll get much extra out of that sound card.

You figure that saves you $100 right there.

And I know you're trying to future proof, but you'd probably be just as well off getting a Core 2 Duo. Sure the I7 is sexy as hell, but if you're on a budget, you can build a hell of a gaming PC for a lot less than you're looking to spend. Heck for about $500 you can build a computer that can run Crysis at 40 FPS. I don't know how much PC gaming you do, but you might want to reconsider spending so much.
 
I'd change the mobo to AM3-one and get one of the newer Phenom-processors. They aren't as fancy and only compete with Intel's Q9xx-series but then again, they are very competetive against i7 in games still. When the resolution rises, the Phenoms begin to prevail. Also, I would go with ATi for the card. HD 4890 / 4870 will run all your games as smooth as butter and the cost of them is not your soul.
 
Back
Top