New Jail Map Leoben - Need Testing Suggestion & Comments! Help make this the BEST!

Hey thanks Ramp, your help has been invaluable. Phew I'll start listing things I fixed and discussing the other suggestions you mentioned.

Items Fixed
  • The jump rope. I would start it up and after 10 seconds or so I hit stop, but it kept on going. Crash when stop button spammed
  • In the obstacle course, right side no exit
  • exit the doors to the left of disco and look on the ground near the sides you can see underneath the map.
  • could not get the songs to play in the disco
  • flickering glass
  • T would spawn outside of the cells near the armory.
  • Pool area it's possible to just jump over the side
  • Kill rooms fixed
The revolving doors by the front can easily be blocked...Maybe make it so by blocking it you lose health?
I don't think I'll put in blocking damage. They are currently a novelty and less than functional but look nice. I could speed it up and add some "motovational damage", I'll playtest it and see how it goes.

In the obstacle course up top with the small moving platforms frankly the wall is to short...causes a rebellion to be way to easy.
That was the purpose for that wall, I'm designing as many areas as possible to punish CTs for not paying attention. In playtesting I'll take a look and see if it's overly easy but I think it's more than fair. Similar to walking out of the obstacle course and knifing a CT.

obstacle course, jump onto a platform and fall but you will just keep falling off over and over.
I'll try making the platform bigger. Using your arrow keys as you fall to move backwards works as well.

Frankly the armory is way to easy to get into.
I was debating if I should make it that open. Like I mentioned before CTs need to pay attention or they get punished by being killed. I think this map is open enough that the armory should be easy to get into to compensate.

In several place I get massive fps drops.
I'll optimize once the map is done but if you could briefly list the locations it would be greatly appreciated. Frazar mentioned problems with that as well.

One more suggestion,Are there solitary rooms?
Currently one solitary and one kill room. I didn't make it for the initial release but it's there now.
 
I have beat on the map a little with some dummy bots and I think that most of the issues have been caught. I will start a little list of FPS drops. Looks like a lot of fun though! I can't wait for more maps in the jail server!!!
 
Not sure if it's on your end or my end but the deagles have an error sign over them when I play, and the ceiling is purple and black. I've removed and re downloaded the map several times.
 
Not sure if it's on your end or my end but the deagles have an error sign over them when I play, and the ceiling is purple and black. I've removed and re downloaded the map several times.

It's your end, it's a custom model that has yet to be packed into the final release. Speaking of final release the final version is ready to be shipped out.

There have been tremendous changes to the map and it looks and performs a lot better I think you guys will like it. Unfortunately some areas may look a bit "bare" the reason is I ran out of map memory and could not include as much things as I wanted. I can add props but I can't any more platforms etc.

Check my first post for a list of updates. The map is compiling now, I'm releasing a slight less optimized version for testing since the completely optimized version will take many many hours to compile.

Enjoy and thanks for the kind comments and suggestions!
 
this looks really cool! What program do you use to create maps?

Yo, Boe. Source SDK is the one and only program you can use to make maps :P It's a great program though and it only takes an hour or two to get the real basics down. If you are interested in mapping check out the mapping subforum for more information

Looks great. I'm downloading the map right now.
Hey Rusty, I would hold off for another 20 minutes. That version is the old one and I'm just about to release V1 of the map.
 
Oh well too late :P I tried it out and it looks good, though too many fruity colors in the main building. I was getting my usual max 60 frames but When I went to the little sandbox jungle gym thing It was sorta laggy. Then I went to the soccer field and I would "kick" the ball and then I crashed and I got this.

Too many verts for a dynamic vertex buffer (49586>49152 Tell a programmer to up VERTEX_BUFFER_SIZE

So yeah besides that the map looks SICK. It's a map I'd love to play jail in 24/7. And don't worry, I'll download and try the new one too.
 
Too many verts for a dynamic vertex buffer (49586>49152 Tell a programmer to up VERTEX_BUFFER_SIZE

I had that problem too. It took me nearly 5 hours to find what caused it. It's the game cache actually, you have to exit CSS and right click and go to properties --> Local Files --> Verify Integretity of game cache. After you do that you will have no more problems. Actually I'll post this to the front page. Thanks for reminding me.

MAP UPDATED!!!! - V1 Released - Check First Post
 
Last edited:
Okay I fully tested the map and uploaded glitch videos for all to see. Check em.

[ame="http://www.xfire.com/video/103987/"]301 Moved Permanently[/ame]

[ame="http://www.xfire.com/video/10398a/"]301 Moved Permanently[/ame]

[ame="http://www.xfire.com/video/10398b/"]301 Moved Permanently[/ame]

[ame="http://www.xfire.com/video/10398f/"]301 Moved Permanently[/ame]

[ame="http://www.xfire.com/video/103991/"]301 Moved Permanently[/ame]

[ame="http://www.xfire.com/video/103994/"]301 Moved Permanently[/ame]
 
Some aren't glitches just places where there aren't any textures but I posted them anyway.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top