Fancy Desktop Widgets

sokO

EGO Addict
Joined
Jun 7, 2008
Messages
1,355
Trick out your desktop and windows theme? How to? Me no comprehend.

What desktop widgets and applications do you use, along with windows themes? Where can one get such things from without worrying about malware?

Current widgets that I already know about:
. Rocketdock
. Bristopacks
. Rainmeter
 
Last edited:
I use Rainmeter (its free) for multiple info and stat items that can be placed on the desktop. Some made skins or configs are like Enigma, HUD.Vision and 10-foot HUD are the main ones to use. If you check out lifehacker or lifehackers flckr section for custom desktops it can give you many ideas how you want your desktop to look like. Currently I only use rainmeter to display the time,date, and CPU info on my second monitor so I can see it as I play a game on my main monitor.

Also z-matrix is a good little desktop candy for Matrix fans out there.

I used to use window blinds but found it to use to many resources and mess up games at time.

Stack docklet for rocket dock as an addon I use that is great as well.
 
i usually keep a pretty clean desktop but here is my setup it's on SuSE using the air widget theme and the bespin window theme.



 
bullets where did you get that wallpaper?

It's phenomenal!

I use Rainlendar which is a To Do List, Calendar, and Events widget.
 
bullets where did you get that wallpaper?

It's phenomenal!

I use Rainlendar which is a To Do List, Calendar, and Events widget.

it's one of the wallpapers included with opensuse if you want it give me a e-mail and i can send it over


edit which resolution do you want it in i got in almost every resolution
 
Last edited:
also on linux there is the most excellent conkey

ya conkys good but it mostly has things like system info and a lot other info i really don't care about which is why i really like plasma i tend to use the folder views and the sticki notes alot.
 
ya sure if you go back to the parent dir of the link i gave you there are a ton more wallpapers like it.
 
Could someone post some links here to some win XP desktop "eyecandy". A site that's actually trusted and safe?
 

Latest posts

Back
Top