dod:s crashes computer after 30 minutes of play

Rawwwwr

Active Member
Joined
Dec 3, 2008
Messages
376
This happened on vista so I upgraded to Windows 7, same thing!

I updated graphics drivers and everything, I am thinking that this is due to overheating any other ideas?

I will clean fans and check all that just wanted to see if anybody had similar issues

thanks
 
Definitely sounds like overheating is causing your problems.

I would not only clean your case and cpu fans, but also check to see if the fan on your video card is even functioning. Video card fans have a bad rep for dieing easy.
 
...agrees with entens, but more info on your specs would be helpful.
 
computer just shuts off completely

I am opening it up tomorrow to see whats going on

Computer is Toshiba Satellite laptop, specs are ok, never had problems playing on it for past year

I think its the fan

will let you know what I come up with
 
computer just shuts off completely

I am opening it up tomorrow to see whats going on

Computer is Toshiba Satellite laptop, specs are ok, never had problems playing on it for past year

I think its the fan

will let you know what I come up with

Something to keep in mind as well, is you can't cover up the exhaust port on a new laptop without causing issues, but it gets worse as a laptop ages.
 
Video card fans are notoriously crappy. All card manufacturers should be ashamed of how often they fail. As this has caused me endless trouble of a similar nature in the past, this is the first place I would check if I were you.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top