I need some help with a css bind

bubbleMONKEY

Rookie
Joined
Jun 28, 2009
Messages
72
I sometimes like to switch between bunny hopping and just playing normally with out bhop. For this to happen, I usually type "bind mwheeldown +jump" in console and start bhopping. I also use mwheeldown (mouse wheel down) for weapon switching. So when I don't want to bhop, I unbind mwheeldown and I go to my keyboard options and set my mousewheel back to weapon switch. It kind of gets annoying and I know there is someway to bind the two commands to a key.

I need a bind to somehow toggle mousewheel down to +jump and weapon switch. I need the bind for my F6 key. I've asked around and nothing anyone is giving me is working. I tried Google but still nothing that works. Any ideas?
 
hmmm, I've never used binds for changing binds. Don't even know if you can do that.
 
I could probably make a config for it.
I will see what I can do.

Edit:

Okay, so I did some thinking, and here's a really simple answer, if you have 2 keys open.

bind mwheeldown +jump
bind "f6" "bind mwheeldown lastinv"
bind "f7" "bind mwheeldown +jump"

Make sure the quotes are there on the 2nd and 3rd ones because there are spaces in the commands.
 
Last edited:
I could probably make a config for it.
I will see what I can do.

Edit:

Okay, so I did some thinking, and here's a really simple answer, if you have 2 keys open.

bind mwheeldown +jump
bind "f6" "bind mwheeldown lastinv"
bind "f7" "bind mwheeldown +jump"

Make sure the quotes are there on the 2nd and 3rd ones because there are spaces in the commands.


I was going to suggest something similar. Having 2 keys is the easiest way, otherwise it requires some scripting that could by some 3rd party anti-cheat software be interpreted as unsavory behavior which could lead to kicks/bans.

Personally I would go with the 2 button position. You should have enough keys available. Also if you have unbound mouse buttons that could be easy for switching on the fly.

I have had even more thoughts. If you have a mouse that allows you to click with the mouse wheel as a mouse action you can bind that action to bhop or weaponswitch while it is held down and then scrolled. So when you push down and scroll you wep switch and when you dont push down and scroll you bhop.

Where mouse7 is pushing the mouse wheel down this would be:

Bind mouse7 +bhop

alias +bhop "unbind mwheelup; unbind mwheeldown; bind mwheelup invprev; bind mwheeldown invnext"

alias -bhop "unbind mwheelup; unbind mwheeldown; bind mwheelup +jump; bind mwheeldown +jump"


If you want help with a script though just PM me.
 
Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top