Sudden FPS drop in TF2

JiveMoose

Active Member
Joined
Jun 14, 2009
Messages
374
Alright so, I've got a fairly new computer(2-3 months old now). I run TF2 @ max settings around 90FPS.

Now, last night I was fiddling around and adjusted my desktop resolution and installed the newest driver and went to bed.

But today I get on TF2 and my FPS are around 40-60 not in combat and drop to 30 in combat.

I rolled back my driver and still, no dice. Hangs around 40fps.

Specs: 3.0 Dual-core, 650 watt corsair PSU, Self-clocked Nvidia 9800 1gb GT(Stock clock: 550-800-1375. Self clock: 600-950-1500). LED case fan on the side and about 4 other fans, good circulation too it looks like.

Any help would be great. :\
 
We'll you might not have noticed, but the tf2 update might have ruined your FPS. Every update is like a russian roulette with your FPS.
 
Change your resolution back. I remember I messed around with my graphics card and set it to quality instead of performance, I experienced an fps drop then. So I switched it back.
 
Turn down your settings down to medium? lol, I always play on 40 so if I can do it, you can ;)
 
I heard of a lot of complaints about the update breaking TF2 and your frames, I'm pretty sure that's the problem because I notice a lot more lag spikes.
 
Change your resolution back. I remember I messed around with my graphics card and set it to quality instead of performance, I experienced an fps drop then. So I switched it back.

I spent like 2 hours looking for my old resolution, but I can't find it anywhere.

As for turning it to medium: I spent $1,000 on this computer to play stuff on max graphics and have it run flawlessly, don't tell me that please.
 
I play on 35-70 on a 9800gt 512 and a Q6600 at 4.8 GHZ. and yes it is watercooled.

getting 2x gtx 295 soon.
 
Back
Top