yoyo

babyJam

Thread Thumper
Joined
Jul 10, 2008
Messages
1,009
hey guys babyJam here from COD dev.. was thinkin about buyin TF2 just wonderin if its a good game and if i should join u guys in there.. know nothing about it so if i do ima hope some of ya can give me some tips on what to do
well maybe see ya ingame

holla
 
You're asking the wrong question here. All of the answers will be yes (all the serious ones). Its VERY different from CoD, its harder to get into, but once you get used to it, its a great game. Go ahead and try it out. If you need any help, refer to my signature.
 
Like Zero711 said, don't buy it expecting it to be comparable to CoD. It's so different. It will take severals weeks to get the hang of every thing in the game. There are so many strategies and things to learn, and it just cannot be covered in any thread. But don't let this keep you from buying TF2 -- it's well worth taking time to learn how things work. It's a very satisfying game to play, and it has a hilarity that will make you smile.

I definitely recommend the game, but just keep in mind what I mentioned above.

Play it, enjoy it. I know you will. I've been playing since December 07, and I'm still loving it.
 
Last edited:
No, there's a whole division about TF2 because it's a terrible game.

...

In all reality, I bought CoD4 a while back, and I can tell you - Absolutely NOTHING like TF2 at all. Whilst CoD4 is Real-life combat simulation, TF2 is more cartoony. Get the drift?
 
One of the biggest differences you'll notice is due to the class based gameplay.
Theres no like...rifles or machine guns(aside from the heavy i guess), each class requires a different tactic in order to be effective.

Its a big strech from most conventional FPS', but the results are glorious and fun.
I highly suggest it.
 
you gotta love the characters. they have so much personality.

many times I have laughed out loud from domination lines...then realized I was being a dork :P
 
Hey there from the DoD:S division, i play both games (actually COD is the only division i never play with because i cant afford it) and i love having the option to switch between games, keeps me from getting bored!
 
Back
Top