Binding...

Chocozumo

Famous
Joined
Aug 17, 2008
Messages
456
Yes, this is Choco and one of his many intriguing threads...

I would like to know how to bind a saying to a key...

for example
Cheers!!!! x->3
I just wants to knows so i can haz victory!

heres a random pic!
halospray.gif

I support anti-halo!!!!

-Choco
 
in console

bind "key" "say Cheers!!!! x->3"

or you can add this to your autoexec.cfg file

this works in all source and goldsrc games
 
bind "k" "say Cheers!!!! x->3"

or for team only:

bind "k" "sayteam Cheers!!!! x->3"

k can be replaced with key of your choosing.

Edit: FireHead beat me. But I typed more.
 
to bind a voice command you have to put it in this format

bind f "voicemenu 0 5"

f = the key you want it bound to

the first number is which voice menu you want Z=0 X=1 C=2

the second number is which thing you want to say except -1


ex. if you want to bind 'cheer' I believe it is C3 (2 takes the place of C and 3 is the position of Cheer in the menu, dont forget to subtract 1 = 2)

that would translate to bind f "voicemenu 2 2"

make note that in the console you need the " " as well

hope that helps
 
bind "f" "say BodyBagger08 just pwned you dont cry maybe youll have some sandvich"
 
Last edited:
Back
Top