Vent Lag.

king killer

Poster Extraordinaire
Joined
Aug 20, 2008
Messages
3,630
Well everything else is fine i load up a webpage in seconds and i cant steam voice chat with no lag at all. but in vent i got from like 31 -1000 then back to 31 then it will go up and down for the entire time im on. i can hear people fine but for some reason my voice lags?
 
I don't know, I've been getting lag spikes in Vent too. Not often, but sometimes
 
Last edited:
Are you downloading anything? Torrenting?
Are you sharing the connection with others who are?

Find out how much your network is being utilized when you aren't signed into Ventrilo. Seems like your router isn't prioritizing the packets from being sent to the ventrilo server, so your voice is choppy.
 
No my voice isnt chopy at all its like i talk then 15 seconds later everyone else hears it
 
I've been experiencing this problem as well. In addition, I also noticed lag in which an individual's voice only becomes audible a few seconds after they record it.

Are you on a wireless network? Perhaps that could somehow contribute to the
problem. I myself am on one so I assume its normal to experience this.
 
Usually the voice sent out is delayed by like a few secs, could it be your connection?
 
Well everything else is fine i load up a webpage in seconds and i cant steam voice chat with no lag at all. but in vent i got from like 31 -1000 then back to 31 then it will go up and down for the entire time im on. i can hear people fine but for some reason my voice lags?

How many applications are you running when you're in vent?
 

Latest posts

Back
Top