Not sure to put this here or not,

Noise

Poster Extraordinaire
Joined
Jun 17, 2009
Messages
2,422
but I just thought about something, What if there is one or 2 eG's or eGO's on the same team but only e's on the other, and the side with no admins has a user swearing and mic spamming and stuff?
Wouldn't it be better if there should be at least one admin (if there is 2 or more) on red and blue?
This goes for all games I guess but wouldn't that be better to keep the servers respectable?
 
Sometimes team capacity doesnt allow for that, but you can always msg a eG or eGO in steam, or even though you are an e, say something to the affect of "<Player's name> Please watch your language while on eGO servers." and you can rest assured an eG or eGO will see it in general chat, and will try and help out.
 
Ok, Thats what I usually do so I'll keep on doing it. Thanks for the answers.
 
I think the official policy is that =(e)='s should not warn if an admin is on the server, because it doesn't count as an official warning and I don't like to "double warn" a player after an =(e)= has just warned them, so then it kind of ends up being a "free pass" for the offender. See Q&A.
 
It would indeed. It is easy to check for admins by bringing up the score board. Most admins will do this when they sign on. It may sometimes take a little logistics if the teams are full. If an admin ever asks you to switch teams so that they can switch please help them out by doing so. If you find yourself without admins on your team please feel free to send them a message if your teammates are disrupting the server. Don't expect a quick answer. They may be handling it or dealing with other problems.
 
but I just thought about something, What if there is one or 2 eG's or eGO's on the same team but only e's on the other, and the side with no admins has a user swearing and mic spamming and stuff?
Wouldn't it be better if there should be at least one admin (if there is 2 or more) on red and blue?
This goes for all games I guess but wouldn't that be better to keep the servers respectable?


If that is the case, add one of the admins to your friends list and PM them to come over and check it out. I wouldn't suggest ALL chatting that your are having a problem on the other team. Keep it hush hush and let one of us take care of it.
 
Use admin chat (team talk key + @) then your message. It shows up in green text and the admins on the other team will see tour message. Tell them the situation at hand and I'm sure they'll handle the problem for you. This will also get you noticed.
 
As deja said: Team talk key, @<Msg> and the admins will get it and usually will take action immediately.

If theres someone making trouble it's best if you dont talk about it and just go straight to the admins. Since it's hard to prove if someone was using a mic and say spamming, if they stop before we can catch them.
 
A small clarification on non-admins using admin chat:

It does work, but you will not be able to see your sent message, only the admins can see that.
 
e's have the ability to type a message to admin only chat?? Huh, learn something new here everyday.
 
e's have the ability to type a message to admin only chat?? Huh, learn something new here everyday.

Everyone can use admin chat: admins, e's, and pubs.

I use it when playing in non-eGO servers to alert admins to rule breakers if I see that there is an admin on.
 
Everyone can use admin chat: admins, e's, and pubs.

I use it when playing in non-eGO servers to alert admins to rule breakers if I see that there is an admin on.


Does the sm_who command work on non-eGO servers, to see the admins? I haven't really played on many none eGO servers in quite awhile, since I joined. I don't like to leave home much. :crying:
 
Does the sm_who command work on non-eGO servers, to see the admins? I haven't really played on many none eGO servers in quite awhile, since I joined. I don't like to leave home much. :crying:

Same. D:
 
Does the sm_who command work on non-eGO servers, to see the admins?

Simply - yes.

Complicatedly - sm_who is a source mod command for admins. Thus it is only use able by admins. So, on non-eGO servers sm_who does work, but you must be an admin to have access to it. Since you probably don't have admin on a random server which you join, no it will not work for you.

This goes the same for eGO servers. Only G's and up can use sm_who, since they have the source mod admin level of "admin".

I only frequent a few non-eGO server and I know the admin's tags.
 
Back
Top