Really old Tf2 Article.

Noise

Poster Extraordinaire
Joined
Jun 17, 2009
Messages
2,422
I found some article about tf2, thats 9 years old, Just found it pretty interesting.


Team Fortress 2 originally was slated to be released as an expansion pack just after Half-Life shipped late last year.

Both Walker and Newell said their goal is to make TF2 easy enough to learn that their dads will play it. Like Half-Life, TF2 will have an engaging tutorial.

As you gain proficiency, you'll be schooled in more advanced tactics, like how to bind your own messages to keys and how to best use a class.

In addition, TF2 incorporates a new character class that's well suited to TF veterans of a strategic bent. (See the sidebar.) The Commander can't directly participate in the battle, but watches the action from any teammate's viewpoint, then creates squads and issues orders. Walker compared the new classes' capabilities to those of Lieutenant Gorman in the movie Aliens. (Let's just hope your Commander is more proficient than that hapless fellow.)

There's also an ingenious campaign structure for clan wars. Rather than battle on just one of TF2's 20 missions, you'll battle across three or four, with actions on one map influencing what happens on the next. (See the sidebar.)

Thats just some of the stuff I found pretty interesting.

http://www.gamepro.com/article/features/1449/team-fortress-2/

Thats the whole article.
 
Just imagine...the commander class..
Deja: Hey Choco, why don't you go rocket jump on C?
Hey Choco, I think Steve wants a hug!
Hey Choco, I dare you to stand in front of Salty for one second!

Oh the PAIN!
 
Just imagine...the commander class..
Deja: Hey Choco, why don't you go rocket jump on C?
Hey Choco, I think Steve wants a hug!
Hey Choco, I dare you to stand in front of Salty for one second!

Oh the PAIN!

Haha yeah, you may just have something there!
 
Damn, so glad it became a stand alone game, rather than an expansion.
 
Ironically, the original build of TF2 looked extremely complicated, more like America's Army than the original TF.
 
if TF2 were like that i probably would'nt have even tried it >.> i like it the way it is
 
Back
Top