For all you new to playing spy or

? Frisky Dingo ?

Poster Extraordinaire
Joined
Nov 28, 2008
Messages
3,120
Those spies who have experience and need help landing stair stabs, this may help a bit. Heres the vid, those who know Pippin know he is a very good spy. He created this tutorial and I thought Id share it with you guys. The vid im going to post and the link to a previous thread on our eGO website to a map you can download will help you guys get better at stair stabs...just practice, practice and more practice. Once you get the hang of doing stair stabs on this map, try it in real games. Remember DO NOT get discouraged if you fail over and over, keep trying and you will get it. Here is the vid and the link to download the map.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IJik-4EA4UM"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IJik-4EA4UM[/ame]

Here is the thread to download a map to practice stair and fall stabs.

http://edgegamers.org/forums/showthread.php?t=97304
 
For those unfamilliar with the map, in the middle there is a ramp where bots run up. You can practice stair stabs on that ramp and along the walls and above the middle part of the map are catwalks where you can practice jump stabs and eagle stabs ect.
 
Thanks. I try to do stairstabs whenever I play Spy, and sometimes it works. Is there a good Dead ringer guide?
 
Another good tip:

Practice.

Yes i know, when i was a noob spy i was always like this practice stuff isnt working....
One day it will just"click" and you will be a pro.
 
That guy is absolutely insane, The blind-stab was definately the best. You couldn't even SEE him!
 
As a Spy, I want to try these.

As any other class, I'm firing UP whenever I turn a corner to chase a Spy.

Question: What was that song he had playing? I liked it ^_^
 
Helpful video for me as a sniper. Now I know where to watch when I'm going up stairs in a spy infested game. :P
 
Hope it helps alot of you guys out there, knowing how to escape as well as pull of a stair stab is a big part of becomming a better player.
 
I am going to TRY and play spy more. It's tough for me. A few random pyros can make me switch classes faster than a freshman in an advance trig class.
 
just kill the pyros as a normal class, pyro runs towards you (w+mouse 1 usually) in a straight line, 3 shots of the gun is almost enough to kill a pyro, it is over very fast, just run backwards, but hurry up, you are slowed down and pyros are fast ;)

Stabbing pyros is fun, but usually they just burst into flames out of nowhere, I rather shoot him down than backstabbing him
 
Ok here is a vid by pippin, its not a DR guide but you can see how he uses it. The basics on the DR is use friendly disguises when leaving spawn and keep DR out incase you get shot ect...it leaves friendly body on the ground. Next thing you have to do is know where the metal boxes are and when attacking stay around that area so you can use the DR a second time if needed. Once in enemy territory, ofcourse use enemy disguises and if you fail stab get your DR out fast and run. Heres the vid, ill keep searching for a better DR guide.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-pkwtU26UY"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-pkwtU26UY[/ame]
 
One little note on the DR, I like to use enemy spy when I DR, simply because when your behind the lines as an enemy spy, you're slightly less likely to get shot at because people usually don't shoot you to blow your cover.

Just some food for thought.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top