- Joined
- Jun 21, 2008
- Messages
- 6,201
Alright this is a build that I got parts for back in May for high school graduation presents. And again, the pictures are large, I dont resize.:glare: 56k BEWARE!
also, here are previous builds of mine
The Armor Build http://www.edgegamers.org/forums/showthread.php?t=65115
The Laptop http://www.edgegamers.org/forums/showthread.php?p=1035725#post1035725
The Specs http://www.edgegamers.org/forums/showpost.php?p=924427&postcount=582
What New
-Asus ATI 5970
Whats Old(ish)
-ABS Canyon 695 (a.k.a. Lian Li PCX-2000)
-ASUS Rampage II Extreme
-i7 920 (@2.66 Ghz) oc'ed to 3.2 gHz
-Cooler Master V8
-6 Gb corsair DDR3 @1600mhz (PC312800)
-Corsair 1000w modular PSU
-MSI Nvidia GTX N295
-LG Super Combo drive(cd, dvd, hd dvd, blu ray)
-300 GB Western Digital velociraptor 10,000 RPM HDD
-10,000RPM WD Raptor 150GB (for games)
-HP w2207h 22-inch Widescreen Flat Panel Monitor
-Razer mako 2.1 speakers
-X-Fi XtremeGamer Fatal1ty Pro Series
-Razer Goliathus (control/speed)
-Novint Falcon (Black) w/ Pistol Grip
-WD 300GB 7200 RPM MyBook ES with eSATA connection
-WD 500GB 7200 RPM MyBook Home
-64 bit Windows 7 RC1
Whats Really Old
-MSI ATI 4870X2OC[/COLOR]
I did not build the computer until early June when I got back to Saudi Arabia (where I spent my summer).

This picture was taken at my high school, simply in an effort to compare the sizes of my two cases.

Here is the new case right from the box. Since I was shipping it back to Saudi, along witht my old setup (thermaltake Armor+) and my old parts from my first setup, I had to do some engineering to get it ready to fly. I had to put all of my old parts (old evga 680i, ddr2 ram, old cd drive, etc) into the new case, because I did not have time to put the current parts in the new case, and put old parts back into the old case. So i ended up putting all my old stuff into the Canyon. Once I finally got it all back to Saudi I took apart both machines, and swapped the "guts" if you will

Once I finally got back to Saudi (The night I arrived lulz) I started stripping down my old machine that you can see above.

Now here is during the "swapping" stage of this project. Like I said, I literaly took everything out of one case, and put it in the other. And NO, I dont like pink, but my sister stole my blue sheets.

Here is the back side of the Canyon. Im a cable management freak so I took a picture of the back so you could see it. The cable managament in the front of the case (where the motherboard goes) is better in the Canyon, but managament behind the mobo tray is better in the thermaltake, but only because the Canyon is thinner in width than the Armor, so the Canyon bows when you put cords behind the mobo tray. I spent too much time stuffing cords into slots and tracks so I could get the back panel on.


Two quick pics of the central compartment where the motherboard goes. The case itself is broken into three seperate compartments, the top one for the power supply and optical drives, and central for the motherboard, and the lower for the hard drives.

And here is the completed project. I had to stand on a chair to get this picture, and still didnt get the entire case lol. When I took these pics I did not have the GTX295 yet, that was days later. But lost the SD card I had those pics on, so I will add them in December when I bring my rig back college with me.
There ya go, theres my current setup. If you have questions concerning any of the parts I have or if you are planning to buy them, or are just shoppping, im more than happy to answer.
Thanks
-Blue
also, here are previous builds of mine
The Armor Build http://www.edgegamers.org/forums/showthread.php?t=65115
The Laptop http://www.edgegamers.org/forums/showthread.php?p=1035725#post1035725
The Specs http://www.edgegamers.org/forums/showpost.php?p=924427&postcount=582
What New
-Asus ATI 5970
Whats Old(ish)
-ABS Canyon 695 (a.k.a. Lian Li PCX-2000)
-ASUS Rampage II Extreme
-i7 920 (@2.66 Ghz) oc'ed to 3.2 gHz
-Cooler Master V8
-6 Gb corsair DDR3 @1600mhz (PC312800)
-Corsair 1000w modular PSU
-MSI Nvidia GTX N295
-LG Super Combo drive(cd, dvd, hd dvd, blu ray)
-300 GB Western Digital velociraptor 10,000 RPM HDD
-10,000RPM WD Raptor 150GB (for games)
-HP w2207h 22-inch Widescreen Flat Panel Monitor
-Razer mako 2.1 speakers
-X-Fi XtremeGamer Fatal1ty Pro Series
-Razer Goliathus (control/speed)
-Novint Falcon (Black) w/ Pistol Grip
-WD 300GB 7200 RPM MyBook ES with eSATA connection
-WD 500GB 7200 RPM MyBook Home
-64 bit Windows 7 RC1
Whats Really Old
-MSI ATI 4870X2OC[/COLOR]
I did not build the computer until early June when I got back to Saudi Arabia (where I spent my summer).

This picture was taken at my high school, simply in an effort to compare the sizes of my two cases.

Here is the new case right from the box. Since I was shipping it back to Saudi, along witht my old setup (thermaltake Armor+) and my old parts from my first setup, I had to do some engineering to get it ready to fly. I had to put all of my old parts (old evga 680i, ddr2 ram, old cd drive, etc) into the new case, because I did not have time to put the current parts in the new case, and put old parts back into the old case. So i ended up putting all my old stuff into the Canyon. Once I finally got it all back to Saudi I took apart both machines, and swapped the "guts" if you will

Once I finally got back to Saudi (The night I arrived lulz) I started stripping down my old machine that you can see above.

Now here is during the "swapping" stage of this project. Like I said, I literaly took everything out of one case, and put it in the other. And NO, I dont like pink, but my sister stole my blue sheets.

Here is the back side of the Canyon. Im a cable management freak so I took a picture of the back so you could see it. The cable managament in the front of the case (where the motherboard goes) is better in the Canyon, but managament behind the mobo tray is better in the thermaltake, but only because the Canyon is thinner in width than the Armor, so the Canyon bows when you put cords behind the mobo tray. I spent too much time stuffing cords into slots and tracks so I could get the back panel on.


Two quick pics of the central compartment where the motherboard goes. The case itself is broken into three seperate compartments, the top one for the power supply and optical drives, and central for the motherboard, and the lower for the hard drives.

And here is the completed project. I had to stand on a chair to get this picture, and still didnt get the entire case lol. When I took these pics I did not have the GTX295 yet, that was days later. But lost the SD card I had those pics on, so I will add them in December when I bring my rig back college with me.
There ya go, theres my current setup. If you have questions concerning any of the parts I have or if you are planning to buy them, or are just shoppping, im more than happy to answer.
Thanks
-Blue
Last edited:















my dad got 450$ off my laptop so im sure i can get a good moniter for cheap and a better graphics card. if you know and sites to get good deals please pm me
