Flicker problem in Autodesk Maya 8.5

flavoracid

Famous
Joined
Jun 9, 2007
Messages
576
hey guys, when i model in MAYA 8.5 my screen flickers a lot sometimes, usually when i have a super far clipping plane (upwards of 16000) and when im working with joints and IK/FK chains..

i read up on it.. there is no patch yet for it.. i bumped up refresh rate to 75 and that helped for a long time. but now it's back, and flavor is mad, mad at the world.

HELP!!!!

flaaavor flaaav.. just not saying it enthusiastically
 
I've had that problem before, its only when I am in the one window and I just switch to perspective then back and that clears it up. Hope that helped, also you can go to www.micah.noobgrinder.com He's a friend of mine and he can help you probably and theres some good tutorials there, so if anyone is new to Maya you can get help there. My name there is theideaman but I havent been to the forums in a while. Hope this helps
 
yea dude my good friend gave me the same advice of switching from 1 window to 4 then back to one, but it solves the problem temporarily for 45 seconds at best, sometimes as soon as i go back to 1 it messes up again. it's only a band-aid. ill check the site out though thanks
 
Back
Top