My Computer is just this awesome?

Artinz

EGO Addict
Joined
May 28, 2009
Messages
1,258
I did the video stress test with settings on full after I was testing some overclocks on my Radeon 4870 graphics card... and I got 178.8 FPS. Is it normally that high? I was really surprised.
 
I average 120-200fps on all high.
Ive heard that you really only need like 60-70 and once its above that, your just wasting energy or something.

I'll have to look into it more.
Still though, id say your beasting.
 
Lucky you,
:].
I ran the stress test for the first time when I upped my rig. Ran out to be 255 FPS the first try,
1 month later it went down to a 166 FPS.
Odd, right?
Haha.
 
video stress test results are around 125 to 150 fps but during game i only get around 50
 
Ive heard that you really only need like 60-70 and once its above that, your just wasting energy or something.

You sir, are absolutely correct. Actually, around 24 fps is when humans cannot distinguish between still and moving images. But for gaming, you will notice bits and pieces up to 60-90 fps, depending on your vision. Anything after that is just for bragging rights. Although having a high fps will provide you with some buffer against frame spikes.

And on a 4870 (a very nice card to have) you should be getting around there. In game you would probably be around 80-120.

Now, to wait for the 5870 so you can have a steady framerate of 299 :D
 
Now, to wait for the 5870 so you can have a steady framerate of 299 :D
Nope, I learned my lesson this time. I'm waiting for the x2 version to come out so I don't waste 200 bucks on a card...
 
Yep. As said earlier, (or averaged around) 60fps is the average/general highest rate of frames per second that the human eye can see. Either my sources are consistently incorrect or something, so don't quote me ;) but I believe it.

Since I upgraded to my new rig, I've never gotten below 60fps in a server. Even in the EVENTS server I can get 100fps, which is sweet. I've got a 4790 1 Gig and I'm OC'd.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top