No more crazy medics

crazyrockets

EGO Zealot
Joined
Apr 19, 2009
Messages
1,916
Darn, does the new update to the blutslager mean that a medic can't charge down a pyro and expect to win if he can shoot well enough. That is kinda depressing.

I still expect that the medic will be able to win the fight occassionally, especially with a lucky crit and good aim, but this will definantly make a medic easier to kill.

I know that this happening was discussed, but I hoped that valve wouldn't do it.
 
2 HP per second isn't a whole lot, especially considering how the Medic can change weapons and recover when in the safe zone. Especially since you'll be absorbing HP as you go.

Plus, hey. Crit Blutsauger shots!
 
The medic's base regen has been increased from 1hp per sec to 3 hps per sec. So with the blutsauger equipped, the medic plays like he used to pre-patch. Without the blutsauger, he has slightly higher regenerative capabilities.
 
Actually no, the blutsauger just got a general buff when you compare it to yesterday's.

Because of the new regeneration rate of the medic when you have the blutsauger out you are losing 2 health per second but gaining 3, returning you to the old medic regeneration rate and giving you the chance of a crit. You still gain health from hitting with the blutsauger too.

In addition the new medic regeneration rate nullifies fire if you don't have the blutsauger out.
 
The medic will always win in a duel with a flaming pyro. How so?

Whip out that saw and hack away.
 
I read this, and was like :O, and then was like :( :( :(, then I was like :thumbup::w00t::laugh::lol::thumbup1:.

At first I thought this would be a curse to the medic, but it seems to actually have BUFFED the blutsauger. I love combat medicing, and this seems to just make it all the more sweet, CRIT BLUTSAUGER!

And Thereven is correct, the -2 changes nothing from pre-patch as the medic healed at 1 hp/s before anyways. With this new -2 health per second, it simply means that with it equipped, you have original healing. With it not equipped, you have better regen abilities.
 
I read this, and was like :O, and then was like :( :( :(, then I was like :thumbup::w00t::laugh::lol::thumbup1:.

At first I thought this would be a curse to the medic, but it seems to actually have BUFFED the blutsauger. I love combat medicing, and this seems to just make it all the more sweet, CRIT BLUTSAUGER!

And Thereven is correct, the -2 changes nothing from pre-patch as the medic healed at 1 hp/s before anyways. With this new -2 health per second, it simply means that with it equipped, you have original healing. With it not equipped, you have better regen abilities.

The best part about all this is, Valve screwed up again and the blugs DOESN'T EVEN HAVE THAT DECREASE :D :D :D :D :D :D. Enjoy your OP battle medic-ing while you can!
 
WHATTTTT!!!!!!!

Are you serious noobkiller, the decrease doesn't even happen? LMAO

This is total epic lulz, you'll be seeing battle medics galore and Thereven having a field day.

XD
 
You sure about the regen thing, noobkiller? I just tested it, and it worked just as advertised. Perhaps the eGO servers need a reboot?

Some important notes:
The regular needlegun regen VASTLY reduces fire damage, though that's the most noticeable thing about it. 6 health/second in 10 seconds of not being shot is nothing to dismiss either.

Crit bluts are... weird. Not BAD, per say, but it freaks me the heck out when I suddenly start spewing crits and take down a pursuing pyro in less than a second.

New sandvich is fun, and adds a bit of tactics too it as well. Drop the sandvich for an instant 150HP heal, but lose it until you can get to a medkit? Heal 300 health, but sit NOMming for 4 seconds? Drop it for a particularly needy teammate? Forgo the whole deal for the shotgun and a competent medic? You know, despite all the RAEG floating around, I'm really starting to like Valve's beta program and newer updates.
 
The medic will always win in a duel with a flaming pyro. How so?

Whip out that saw and hack away.

You can say that because you can only play medic and no other class, you've had that much practice shooting and hacking away and people that the in-experienced people are sure to lose.
 
Darn, does the new update to the blutslager mean that a medic can't charge down a pyro and expect to win if he can shoot well enough. That is kinda depressing.

Let me just say that I am CERTAIN this won't be a problem, as long as I am the Pyro. I can't count the number of deaths I've taken trying to chase down Mr. Combat Medic while he is sucking the life out of me, and not even catching on freaking fire! AHHHHHHH!!! (I'm not a master tactician, in case you have not figured that out on BlackMesa yet)
 
I hate this new update, for the fact that I suck at heavy and medic and I just got owned by a sandvich throwing heavy :(
 
You can say that because you can only play medic and no other class, you've had that much practice shooting and hacking away and people that the in-experienced people are sure to lose.

This is extremely true. Whenever I try to play medic, my inner soldier is urging me to stop being a Maggot and go kill something. Usually whenever I try, I get killed. The Medic is an extremely difficult class to play unless you know what you are doing. Woodstock Should release a guide.
 
This is extremely true. Whenever I try to play medic, my inner soldier is urging me to stop being a Maggot and go kill something. Usually whenever I try, I get killed. The Medic is an extremely difficult class to play unless you know what you are doing. Woodstock Should release a guide.

Ill do it for him.

Rugged individualism. Fend for yourselves.

done.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top