Teleporter Exits, an earnest plea.

Quaffer

Poster Extraordinaire
Joined
Apr 19, 2008
Messages
3,824
I am an engineer in real life. Perhaps that is why I rarely play one in the game. Still I do have a request of those who do.

When you step through a teleporter it is very disorienting and time wasting to confront a wall staring you in the face.

Please take a moment when you place your blueprint to right click until the arrow points in the way you want your teammates to be facing when they step through. This is especially true when you put an exit in a corner.

The seconds you save your teammates could save their lives, and yours.

Thank you,

Easily addlepated
 
I second this.

Many people don't know how to turn there buildings. When you have your blueprint out, use alt-fire to turn it 90 degrees. Keep clicking until your satisfied.
 
but i like the reassurance of a solid object blocking my line of sight, causing me to turn wildly in order to try and find a way out. It gives me a challenge, so every time i take the teleporter I try and head in the right direction faster after each use.
Why be lazy and use teleports the easy way, when you can help your teams mates learn to orientate themselves in a far more organized fashion.

/end sarcasm.

Engys, please PLEASE follow this common-sense, straight-forward advice. You will find yourself a better engineer for it and then you really will be a credit to your team!
 
HAHA This one time in goldrush, I was a heavy, and i had a medic buddy, and we managed to get into the first attic area, killed everyone off except the teleport exit. And we must have sat there a good 2 minutes just killing people that came out. That's until a demoman came in there though the door, he wasn't to please about what we were doing.

The point is, the people would spawn to the corner, and wouldnt even be able to see us before they died, eventually if they kept using the teleport and was facing us, they might have taken us out, but they never had a chance.
 
I have already applied this into my gameplay some time ago and I hope all the other engineers or play engineers out there do the same.
 
Good advice Quaffer. Now get back to work on that trebuchet.
 
You can also drop teleporters at non-90 degree angles by hitting fire as it rotates. It is very useful for placing teleporters in odd spots that you can't angle yourself in.
 
I always rotate my teleport to face the exit direction... but for some reason I still notice people that come thru the teleport and spin... so they're facing the wall.... I think you guys secretly like facing the wall when you exit... :P
 
You can also drop teleporters at non-90 degree angles by hitting fire as it rotates. It is very useful for placing teleporters in odd spots that you can't angle yourself in.

Really? I'd never heard of that. Thanks, I'll put it to good use now.
 
I always rotate my teleport to face the exit direction... but for some reason I still notice people that come thru the teleport and spin... so they're facing the wall.... I think you guys secretly like facing the wall when you exit... :P


Probably because we've come to be used to teleporting and facing a wall, it's just instinct to turn around. :)
 
I hate tele exits facing walls.

If i had a nickel for every time i teleported, ran into a wall, then got backstabbed by a sneaky spy, id have 2 nickels. :O
 
The Ninjaneer concurs. I always point my exits in the proper direction.
 
This goes for all buildings, its a lot harder for a sentry to turn when its looking right at a wall. And when a dispenser is against a wall you can't see the gauge on it, so you have to look in the corner of the hud which takes away realism.
 
A lot of people dont know that right clicking moves the position of the buildings and hence they dont do it =/ I wish there was some kind of tip to tell them or something...
 
I can assure you sir, that I ALWAYS make sure that the blue print is the right way when i put up my teleporter...right in front of enemys spawn!!
 
I am an engineer in real life. Perhaps that is why I rarely play one in the game. Still I do have a request of those who do.

When you step through a teleporter it is very disorienting and time wasting to confront a wall staring you in the face.

Please take a moment when you place your blueprint to right click until the arrow points in the way you want your teammates to be facing when they step through. This is especially true when you put an exit in a corner.

The seconds you save your teammates could save their lives, and yours.

Thank you,

Easily addlepated

I never new you can do this. Geeeez im a noob. Thanks for pointing this out Quaffer, Will do from now on. ;)
 
As an addendum, don't stand on an inactive teleporter. If it isn't fully charged START RUNNING and stop wasting time.
 
Back
Top