seeding now considered idling?

Actually there is a top server in TF2 or CSS that is just people spectating... technically they are playing though just sitting in spec...

So we should do the same thing. Right?

I think your portrayal of seeders as "evil" is really misguided. Seeding in the morning is such an important thing.

Or you could rely on guys like me who play on a different timezone and often set up shop in the servers in the morning and at late night

I am very much opposed to seeding, it's a false representation of our true server count.
 
I am very much opposed to seeding, it's a false representation of our true server count.

I am inclined to agree on this point. We put "NO BOTS" in the name of our servers, yet we encourage our members to join our servers and spectate just to boost the player count. It is the same experience you get from the false player count servers: you join and find that fewer people are playing than you were led to believe.

We also used to have our servers list one more person than was actually playing, thus we would never be listed as an empty server (our Day of Defeat division may still do this).

I just don't see what moral high ground we have to stand on if we encourage people to join a server for the sole purpose of boosting the player count. Reinstating the Rangers or just using Steam announcements are a far more honest approach, although the latter does bring the risk of becoming spammy.
 
To be honest, I don't see the big deal in making sure our servers are "at the top" of this list. I like eGO servers because they're eGO servers, not because they're ranked higher than some other server.
 
To be honest, I don't see the big deal in making sure our servers are "at the top" of this list. I like eGO servers because they're eGO servers, not because they're ranked higher than some other server.

No one wants to sponsor a community who doesn't have popular servers, right?
Because that is what we are trying to do, in my opinion. We need popular servers to show the sponsors that we are worth their time and effort and so that they can keep donating us gear and serverboxes so they can get a name for themselves through us, to the pubs and members that use our servers.
 
No one wants to sponsor a community who doesn't have popular servers, right?
Because that is what we are trying to do, in my opinion. We need popular servers to show the sponsors that we are worth their time and effort and so that they can keep donating us gear and serverboxes so they can get a name for themselves through us, to the pubs and members that use our servers.

Good point.
 
Why don't you use the bind keys to run in a circle and shoot repeatedly method of seeding? I know many people that do that...
 
Or you could rely on guys like me who play on a different timezone and often set up shop in the servers in the morning and at late night

This, so to get our servers up in the morning, try to recruite in those timezones

(but I am a big fan of seeding though, have no problem there)
 
No one wants to sponsor a community who doesn't have popular servers, right?

We could tell them we have x number of players per month, rather than telling them what our rank is on GameTracker.
 
Seeding is pretty lame anyway if you ask me. Nothing more frustrating to join a server with 14 people to find that only 4 or 5 are actually playing.

I can only imagine how pub's feel coming to our servers and not only seeing this, but seeing mostly eG's and eGo's doing it. Would turn me off of the whole clan personally, if I wasn't already here.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top