Lag spikes anyone ?

Korgot

Forum Fiend
Joined
Jul 8, 2009
Messages
606
Hey guys,
I was wondering if for any of you, you were experiencing major lag spikes in each and every server ? I tried all of them and none seems to work.. :( How you want to be a good spy when you see people moving and flying . I'ts not an FPS thing, I checked it and I'm good. So if anyone got any ideas, go ahead an tell me :D
 
I just lag really bad in the Verizon servers. However, I don't lag in 2fort IR or Blackmesa.
 
I want to say it depends on your location and how great your computer can handle the game, and if anything is running, be it intentional or not.

If it's possibly graphics try turning down the graphics a notch.
Check Windows Task Manager and close down certain processes that aren't needed(this one you need to know what you are exactly looking at. You may want to ask someone who knows about this more)

If it's none of the above idk. So far I've been good, and I get normal lag spikes like I do on usually every server I play on. If it gets too bad I just lower graphics for a bit then put them back up and I'm fine.
 
Well, the fact is Lemur, thanks for your answer :), but I was playin' before and I had no problem no matter what server I was on. I get an average of 175 FPS, it's not a comp problem, and my internet is good, so it might be a server thing or I don't know. :P
 
Poor framerate doesn't create packetloss, and that is the cause of what most people feel as "lag."
 
i can play on all tfc servers with no lag regardless the amount of players but css i get some lagg when the rooms are maxed out at 40 players
 
rate 25000; cl_cmdrate 67; cl_updaterate 67

That's what i used. And now I'm not getting lag spikes.
 
Solution: don't play spy anymore ;)

I am from the Netherlands so it is pretty impossible to get a perfect timing of every single stab, kinda impossible to play spy, but I favor the other classes better so I am ok with it
 
I just lag really bad in the Verizon servers. However, I don't lag in 2fort IR or Blackmesa.

yeah same here...turbine is one of them. i get the biggest lag spikes of all time. sounds are off and timing on shots are off. I've witnessed a few different admins reseting the server too and it didnt do much, except made more slots available in the server :D
 
I get minor spurts of lag every now and then but I rarely ever get major lag and when I do, its usually my internet crashing on me...Damn my internet...
 
Hey guys,
I was wondering if for any of you, you were experiencing major lag spikes in each and every server ? I tried all of them and none seems to work.. :( How you want to be a good spy when you see people moving and flying . I'ts not an FPS thing, I checked it and I'm good. So if anyone got any ideas, go ahead an tell me :D

I do on most eGO server but I think it's just the location they are in for me. It's very far away and sometimes I will almost get disconnected but that was in the summer time, maybe because the severs were so full with people but now it's not lagging very much. Only on the PL server I get the most :(

Toronto to Dallas-
But keep in mind I'm on wireless too so...
 
Back
Top