Valve Maps server locked

BigBadBarl

I made one post
Joined
Oct 22, 2008
Messages
16
Hey everyone,
I just had a question about our valve maps server. At around 3:10 pacific time the server locked up and got populated but a bunch of people with "[Falcon]" in their name. It's probably nothing, but I didn't see any events scheduled for that server, so I was wondering if anyone knew what was up with it?

Thanks a bunch!
 
That server gets used for Novint Falcon only events as well as our own, so nothing to worry about. It usually gets locked for an hour for their event, and then opens back up to everyone.
 
Yeh, this happens...main reason I stopped playing on that server. Come to PL_Maps and be a victim *Cough* I mean member of my team, we have punch and pie :).
 
Dingo, you salty tart, I know all about you and your treachery. I may have to come and **TRY** to put you in your place. First, that is.
 
Dingo, you salty tart, I know all about you and your treachery. I may have to come and **TRY** to put you in your place. First, that is.

You along with everyone else is very welcome to try :sleep:, you can see how I play on the new thread I posted called "Here you go :)"
 
Yeh, this happens...main reason I stopped playing on that server. Come to PL_Maps and be a victim *Cough* I mean member of my team, we have punch and pie :).

I dont remember you killing me very many times yet.

And i still have a bounty on my head for anyone that can dominate me as a spy.
 
Yeah I was relatively upset by that yesterday as well. There were only about 7 people in the server. I joined it to play and have fun. They kicked me without even explaining anything and locked the server. That's pretty lame.
 
I'm with Frisky. My new home is PL Maps. It's really frustrating to work at getting a server to fill up, just to have someone lock it or have it changed to an Arena rotation.

So, from now on, you'll find me on PL Maps.
 
Yeah I was relatively upset by that yesterday as well. There were only about 7 people in the server. I joined it to play and have fun. They kicked me without even explaining anything and locked the server. That's pretty lame.

It's the price we pay for free gear and sponsorships from companies. Tough luck man.
 
It's the price we pay for free gear and sponsorships from companies. Tough luck man.

We give them what was once our highest ranked server to drive it into the ground?

Was it officially announced anywhere that this was now Novint's server, or did it just sort of happen one day?
 
We had punch and pie until I ate all of it.
 
We give them what was once our highest ranked server to drive it into the ground?

Was it officially announced anywhere that this was now Novint's server, or did it just sort of happen one day?

Actually, If I remember correctly, we gave them one of our lower ranked servers, renamed it Novint Community Server, and then merged it into a second Valve Maps server. Since then, that server has been shut down, and letting them use the main Valve Maps server for an hour when they need it.

It's not their fault Valve Maps is suffering. A days worth of no players is the cause of the server tanking, not a one hour event.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top