An annoyance in Strand/Charlie

XeroX

Famous
Joined
Sep 2, 2008
Messages
563
If i remember correctly, unless changed - One of the duties an eGO member is required to do, is to switch teams if the other team lose so many players that the game becomes unbalanced, ill do it without question, but im usually on the team that people leave, so im having to ask other eGO members on the opposing team to switch, however they simply ignore my requests all the time, leaving the game unbalanced. I dont know whether this is a problem on other servers, but on the Strand/Charlie server - It certainly is.
 
That has always been a thousand year dilema in strand.

There's already been many threads over the team unbalance in strand but it always happens 'coz that's just life in strand :P

Remeber that switching to keep it even is, although preferable, not required... Specially in strand most people prefer to specficly play one side or the other or just want to stay on the same team as their friends.

Main poin is just to try and have fun even if you die at the beach :P
 
Last edited:
I play on Strand a lot and some times the team do get unbalanced. When someone types Teams in chat the first thing I do is press Tab to check the the difference. If the difference is 3 or less no action is required because remember that people leave and join the server all the time. I wait a few minutes to before taking action because the teams usually even out by themselves.

How many time have you seen someone type "TEAMS!!!!!!!" and by the time you press Tab to check the team are even.

If the teams remain uneven after a period of time try to get pubs to switch usually just asking nicely will do the trick. Because if only eGO member switch then you end up with 6 or 7 eGO on one team then that looks like team stacking to a lot of pubs.
 
Remeber that switching to keep it even is, although preferable, not required...

Agreed.
On another note is there is sometimes a need to have an eG or eGO on each side if possible for admin purposes. Although it is never fun getting killed at spawn almost everytime.
 
I have to say though, teams do get uneven many times on Strand. Like Techdre said, if it is three or less, I will wait, teams will even themselves out in 1-2 minutes, I will give a warning just to let other players know. If it exceeds three, then I will take more action. But no admin should switch it if is uneven by two. I have seen an admin see this, switch one person who then leaves the game, switches a second person who then also leaves the game, and switch a third person who again, left the game. At this point, the teams were even, but try to let the players settle it if you can, because people will leave if they become unhappy.
 
Back
Top