12v12

Would you be interested in a 12v12 server?

  • No, I prefer 16v16 to 12v12

    Points: 17 23.9%
  • No, I prefer 16v16; however, I might visit a 12v12 sever every now and then

    Points: 16 22.5%
  • No (choose if I am too assumptive of reasoning / level of interest)

    Points: 1 1.4%
  • Yes (choose if I am too assumptive of reasoning / level of intereset )

    Points: 3 4.2%
  • Yes, I'd prefer 12v12, but I'd still play on 16v16 servers every now and then

    Points: 12 16.9%
  • Yes, I'd prefer 12v12 to 16v16

    Points: 13 18.3%
  • I am indifferent of player count

    Points: 9 12.7%
  • Other (please specify)

    Points: 0 0.0%

  • Total voters
    71
I respect your opinion, but I joined eGO for fun. Since then I've felt the gradual shift that numbers and rankings exceed the importance of having a good time. I feel as if the next sponsorship is more important than me, which is likely the case. I know it is selfish, but if I can have more fun elsewhere then that elsewhere is where I shall go. This is the reason I'm just pitching this idea out there. I want to help eGO grow, but not at the expense of not having fun. If I can maximize my utility from TF2 while playing on eGO servers then I'm all for it.

Granted I understand some maps are made for large amounts of players like Blackmesa and Egypt

Good post, OSVG.
 
My only problem with 12v12 is how quickly it turns into 6v6 and less.
 
12 vs 12, if a team makes a mistake it wont recover that easily, for example, dustbowl 12 vs 12, one uber pretty much destroys 3 sgs (since face it you wont have more engineers with that many players) and probably a few players or lock them in spawn and the rest of the team easily can get into position to lay down a line of fire and capture the point without too much trouble, the team is disorientated and can easily be destroyed with that respawn time. Also one kritskrieg can destroy up to 8-9 people and a few sgs (unless at stage3 then it will be a lot harder attacking) if you are a decent demoman and the enemy is in range. It is over way too quick, I rather have to actually fight a lot and long to achieve the objective then it isn't so much based on a few players, I want long rounds, don't care much for rounds that last 3 minutes
 
@ Cliff. You are most certainly correct. It is hard to recover from mistakes; however, I am saying that push pull maps be used, not stopwatch. The reason is the problems faced in stopwatch are mitigated. Spawn camping in most of the maps mentioned (those we will be using for the eGO league matches) is less prevalent as it is open enough to escape. In dustbowl everything is filtered to choke points in which demomen can excel, and most of your problems is by thinking of dustbowl 12v12 (well it appears that way to me). With pure attack and defend, team mistakes do hurt a lot.

Push pull maps generally are less dynamic when it comes to making mistakes (except for class selection). Push pull are more open, flanking becomes easier. Without strict limitations as to who is attacking and defending, mistakes are easier to correct. People aren't forced to be cluttered in one area to be effective for the team, which is the case for dustbowl.
 
Last edited:
Sorry to double post and bump this, but I want a few more opinions / votes before I interpret this / lay it to rest.
 
for me, the less the merrier :P.
I love the tournament that eGO is holding because it brings the players together and forces them to use lots of teamwork and I think is a lot more fun than the regular 16v16. So I full-heartedly support the making of a 24 slot server.
 
Maybe sometimes, when I owned a server it was 12vs12 and it was fun because the rounds were quick and I never had 1 stalemate ever! It's all good though, I don't care how many players there are it just has to be an eGO server. :thumbup:
 
Now what if 12v12 were the only servers in the game? Valve orignally had 12v12 as max server size but somehow it was uped to 16v16
 

Latest posts

Back
Top