How to use the Balisong like a Spy

Kenori

Rookie
Joined
Aug 23, 2009
Messages
95
A pretty sweet video I found shwoing off the two ways the spy opens his balisong and how YOU can learn to do them at home. The first is the standard opening in-game, the second is the thumb roll scene in the Meet the Spy video.

The first one is easy to do, the second not so much

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oBWMndXlpvA&fmt=22[/ame]
 
Thats so awesome. Butterfly Knifes are SO cool. Yet, I've heard from people that the Spy's movement with them is actually the basics O.o

I so want one. Bring it to school and be like, Showing off. On Second thought....I better not. :)
 
Yeah butterfly knifes are sweet. I own a few of them. The one the guy is using in the video looks like a Benchmade balisong. They go for like $200. I am going to get one sooner or later. ;)
 
If I had a butterfly knife I would wind up with tons of cuts all over my hands. I'd probably never stop flipping it around even though I would suck at it
 
I bet the spy does have cuts all over his hands (or scars, from when he was young) which is why he wears the gloves, among other reasons...

But yeah, the balisong is an awesome weapon. (I refuse to call it a butterfly knife as it looks nothing like a butterfly) I'd love to pick it back up again and try the thumb roll. Never even tried that before.

The first one is REALLY easy though.
 
Well, I myself have the same Butterfly as in the video, which is a Benchmade Model 42 Balisong, more commonly referred to as the BM42. I can do the second move, which is supposed to be harder, but not the first. The opening doesn't work too well since I can't slide my fat hands under the blade. But the second, which is just a horizontal Y2K rollover (I don't care what anyone calls it, that's what it is), is very easy, but there's no doing it in steps like most moves, you just have to go for it, which is kind of scary at first.

Before anyone asks: I've had it about 5 months, and I've sustained about 50 minor cuts or so that drew blood. Fun times!
 
people love 'em because they fly around and stuff. Good find. :)
 
I still don't understand why a bunch of video gamers think they need weapons in real life?

Became if you could learn to do some of the tricks professionals can do with these knives, it just would be awesome. It's like the tricks people do with Zippo lighters and Yo-Yos.
 
I was thinking about getting a Baliyo a little while ago, its essentially a butterfly pen. I was watching a lot of vids like these a few weeks ago. Nice find Kenori.
 
Nice Video and for all you knife enthusiasts out there here is a treat for you that I found on FPS Banana- http://www.fpsbanana.com/skins/43589

60266.jpg
 
Thats the model I use in game. Its amazing.

Also for the servers with Pure on, when He does the trick, the wireframe stays still, so it looks like he just spins the knifre around in his hand. Its pretty cool.
 
Back
Top