Tips & Tricks

Here's a quick video I recorded of some of the tips highlighted here and it's all about snipers:
  • The advantage of peeking is pretty clear
  • contrary to popular belief, the only time you shouldn't be moving is when you're taking a shot (even if you're scoped),
  • "quickscoping" is your friend and you should practice as much as possible, and the quickswitch (hitting Q to quickly select a previous weapon and then Q again to get your sniper back) + the quickscope will make you ridiculously fast on the trigger.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1hMshP65tis"]Practical Sniper Tips and Tricks[/ame]
 
Very nice video, although I think I detected some hacks in there ;)

I've never been able to get quickscoping/quickswitching (scoping in particular) to work perfectly right, and nowhere even close to what you're capable of. I don't want to use a script to switch weapons; I'll have to try it out some more now and see what happens. Recently, I've tried the rifles, but never seem to be too effective; I spend too long adjusting my aim, not the point-and-shoot kind you employ so very often.

That's why my tips are for the fast-firing assault weapons, really; run-and-gun with speed and overwhelming amounts of metal in the air.
 
If you have an mg, dont stay in the same place for more than a minute MAX. You dont have to move far away, just change your posistion slightly, because if the enemy know where you were when they got killed, they will come round aiming at that point - If you moved, there in your sights and soon obliterated :)
 
If you see ronpaul coming with a BAR, hide. And stay hidden for at least 3 minutes. If he sees you, it will be worse than this > :chair:
 
If you see ronpaul coming with a BAR, hide. And stay hidden for at least 3 minutes. If he sees you, it will be worse than this > :chair:


If you see Ronpaul coming at you with the Browning Automatic Rifle (BAR lol) Dint just hide, got to spectator and hide! :facewall:
 
If you see Ronpaul coming at you with the Browning Automatic Rifle (BAR lol) Dint just hide, got to spectator and hide! :facewall:

that's when I load up the ghost-bullets and start pwning ethereal spirits :O


... or you could pull a Noxx and PLAY ON MY TEAM EVERY SINGLE TIME :chair:
 
1. Communicate. Talk concisely and be specific about enemy locations. Save your team from certain death by giving a quick heads up about that MG or Sniper. Let your team know when it is safe to move if you have taken a street or building.

2. Gather the troops. In Kalt ask for a team of sewer runners or wheel house runners. It is safer to run in packs and take that last flag, but remember do not bunch up too closely because of grenades.

3. Spectate the good players. Learn what they do and see why they do it. Take from them tactics that fit your gaming style or adapt your own variation of a winning move that works for them.

+1
 
To view names under player icons on the ingame map add the following lines to your config.cfg file found at:
\Steam\SteamApps\"steam account"\day of defeat source\dod\cfg\config.cfg



overview_health "1"
overview_names "1"

Maps

Follow the link and learn the maps. If you need ammo; tell them where you are. If you see a machinegun or sniper; rat them out. Teams that communicate effectively take more flags.
 
Last edited:
Just tried what Quaffer said, wow, amazing :D
Reccomend you do it, its also great when your playing with friends.
 
If your see TechDre on a server and he is not on your team it is best to play dead because he may have pity and let you live.
 
Kalt:

If your camping the opposing teams first sewer ladder, try to keep in mind how long ago it was when you killed the first person that dropped down. A smart player will call out your position to others, and soon you could have people shuffling up behind you from the second ladder. Best case scenario, he'll have stayed silent and will try to be sneaking up on you from behind on his own.

It should go without saying, but always stay moving between the first and second ladder. Some players will simply get fed up with being killed so quickly, and while decide to head elsewhere.

Also, beware of those players that let sacrificial lambs drop down the ladder and see what the result is. They're right sneaky little blighters, those ones.

In summation, once ANY of the enemy knows where you are, get somewhere else.
 
Last edited:
A peeking opponent will have a shot advantage over a player in a fixed position if they know where you are. Keep this in mind, offensive snipers always have a slight advantage over camping snipers or MGs!

Not too sure I would agree with that. There are also many a victim of mine that would also disagree with you.
 
Not too sure I would agree with that. There are also many a victim of mine that would also disagree with you.

I know what you mean, it doesn't seem easier, but if I'm peeking and I have a solid fix on where you're going to be and I can fix my crosshair on that very spot I'm going to see your whole body while you can only see my elbow when I have momentum. Plus the element of surprise and speed is enough to take out most mid to high level snipers, granted there are exceptions (read: don't peek me). It's a better policy for MGs who simply have no chance against a peeking sniper, their natural enemy obviously, but it works against snipers if you really know what you're doing
 
Last edited:
I know what you mean, it doesn't seem easier, but if I'm peeking and I have a solid fix on where you're going to be and I can fix my crosshair on that very spot I'm going to see your whole body while you can only see my elbow when I have momentum.

All I need is an elbow. Don't believe me? Allow me to demonstrate sometime.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top