Are halos disabled on our servers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Morbo

Thread Junky
Joined
May 28, 2008
Messages
766
The conflict over the halos seems to have largely died down, judging from the Steam forums (even before they became inundated with endless threads about the Guard Dog).

Did we disable these on our servers to avoid said strife, or are they not working for some other reason?
 
I have been unable to find any official statement on this though. Was it mentioned on the boards or at a meeting I missed or something?

I must say I disagree with the decision to disable these. This whole thing, as I have said, has largely blown over.
 
The reason why halos are disabled is because some random people were starting to do things like not heal people WITHOUT halos, and that was 'kinda sad. xD
Since halos though pretty are useless they got dissabled.
 
Last edited:
Why are they disabled? answered as i posted. I havent seen any thing like favoritism for halo or no halo
 
The reason why halos are disabled is because some random people were starting to do things like not heal people WITHOUT halos. Since halos though pretty are useless they got dissabled.

Then give it time, let it blow over. Again, where is this info coming from?
 
Better yet, who cares? Lets concentrate on what really matters, such as the community and supporting eGO.
 
Better yet, who cares? Lets concentrate on what really matters, such as the community and supporting eGO.

+1

besides an edgegamers tag looks WAY PRETTIER than any halo :P

Wait, what?

Working to understand and change eGO for the better doesn't support the community?
... for the love of chocolate... it's just a halo xP

and remember you can always contact an Advisor or DL or use the Drop Box for anything you find important...
 
Last edited:
I also wondered about this since you can still tell if people are wearing halos are not because their original hat is missing...So in my opinion, it didnt really change anything since people can still tell who is wearing a halo or not...Not that I care if they are disabled or not...
 
I would at least like to know that we are doing things with some thought and discussion behind them, but it seems that everything has happened behind closed doors.
 
I don't see why they should be disabled. They are now a tactical part of the game because wearers of the halo are much easier to spot at longer distances and poorly lit areas.
 
If they went out of the way & took the time to disable it, than they were obviously causing an issue in game :)
+1

As I said before you can always contact an Advisor or DL for what you think is important...
 
Last edited:
Wait, what?

Working to understand and change eGO for the better doesn't support the community?

I was really meaning to refer to the recent wave of admin attacks we've had and that should be our focus, rather than silly halos.
 
Although I don't agree with the disabling of the Halos being a perfect fix, I do agree with making choices for the community that will improve overall morale and help reduce problems between players.

I imagine they will, perhaps, one day be visible again, once this is long blown over.
 
I was really meaning to refer to the recent wave of admin attacks we've had and that should be our focus, rather than silly halos.

I'm sure we can focus on more than one thing at a time, and the admin issue seems to be largely resolved.

Although I don't agree with the disabling of the Halos being a perfect fix, I do agree with making choices for the community that will improve overall morale and help reduce problems between players.

I imagine they will, perhaps, one day be visible again, once this is long blown over.

Reducing problems is a noble goal, but I'd like a little transparency as to how they arrive at these decisions, and I'd love to give constructive feedback. It's a bit upsetting to notice changes being made to our servers without any sort of announcement (Novint running Valve Maps, halos disappearing).
 
Halos cause nothing but problems, and I for one would be glad to see them disabled for good. People find enough things to argue about in game without extra help.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top