Realism Night?

Realism Night?

  • YES, Lets start a Realism Night

    Points: 41 63.1%
  • NO, Lets not start a Realism Night

    Points: 5 7.7%
  • I have tried Realism and i like it.

    Points: 9 13.8%
  • I have not tried Realism.

    Points: 19 29.2%
  • I dislike and/or hate Realism.

    Points: 3 4.6%

  • Total voters
    65
I'd be up for it as long as we don't take this "too" seriously. I've played some before and to me they were waaaaaay to military and hardcore (step out of line and your kicked). But I think it would be cool and would be willing to give it a shot.


Bingo. Like other said, realism server are very strict and most if not all are password protected and played with a close group of friends. Back in DoD 1.3 days there was ALOT of realism clans. They were fun but it was hard to get the large groups we wanted for it. If it is anything like the 1.3 days almost all shots from guns are "one shot one kill."
 
BTW Please be adviced,DO NOT Team Kill alot,you will get kicked/banned...i got banned for tk's lol.
 
I'd be up for it as long as we don't take this "too" seriously. I've played some before and to me they were waaaaaay to military and hardcore (step out of line and your kicked). But I think it would be cool and would be willing to give it a shot.

Well i was planning on having a 4 week boot camp where i yell at all of you to clean imaginery toilets, but i guess thats out of the question now!
 
Great! Ill look into finding someone to help me set it up, and ill be needing the help of people more experienced in realism.

Drop me a line when you want to get started. I have free time until further notice and plenty of energy to help you get this rolling. I think it will be a fun experience for those open to trying something new, veterans like myself and even those that dislike the "style" of play.

I know how hardcore actual RU's are, (realism unit,) and the stiff regiment can be a turn off for some, but I think with this group of people and a slacking of the rules will result in a great event night.

Anyway, drop me a line next time you are on if I don't get a hold of you first.:)

:chair:
 
I cant access realism servers :( They all require me to use default skins, cause i use HD Skins.
 
Drop me a line when you want to get started. I have free time until further notice and plenty of energy to help you get this rolling. I think it will be a fun experience for those open to trying something new, veterans like myself and even those that dislike the "style" of play.

I know how hardcore actual RU's are, (realism unit,) and the stiff regiment can be a turn off for some, but I think with this group of people and a slacking of the rules will result in a great event night.

Anyway, drop me a line next time you are on if I don't get a hold of you first.:)

:chair:

Thanks alot for offering your help! I just sent a PM to a DL and well see if/when we can have this event. Ill post on this thread and PM you when i get word and you can help me set upthe ground rules. As for mods, i think well have to have spectator mode when you die, the standard 2 medics, and im not sure if we can have the mod that makes you drop your gun if you get shot in the right arm but thats fine by me.
 
I cant access realism servers :( They all require me to use default skins, cause i use HD Skins.

Im no expert but if you can play DoD on our eGO servers, then youll be fine to join us in our first Realism.
 
i have played it also with a single person is a medic, goes around healing people also the sniper gets to have artillery strikes, like 2 per round or something in that manner, but overall its a good thing to start, if we could do this like on a saturday or sunday, i think it could bring alot more into eGO as a whole and new players :)
 
It sounds exciting and looks like a great chance to try some real teamwork. When would such an event take place?
 
I've sent you a pm ---------
----------------------------------

But anywho, I've had my fair share with realism. The idea behind the game play is amazing and really shows the potential of the game you are playing. As proirly stated, there is realism game play in CoD, CS:S, and even TF2. The most fun I've had in realism is by far doing it in DoD:S. The timeline and weapons are my favorite, besides -- the original DoD will hold a specail place in my gaming heart forever. I loved it and started off in it playing realism, simply because i joined a random server and thought thats how the game was played. Only later when I joined a "normal" server did I see just HOW MUCH FUN DoD was/is. And now with Source, the possiblities are endless.

So, when this gets rolling, definatly let me know!

_Matt "FeatherFoot07"
 
Alright fellas. I am in talks with some people from the 1st Mairne Raiders Battalion. I am not sure at this time if they will be of any help but well see. In the mean time im going to try to find a good realism mod for us to use and set up some ground rules.

Ill keep you all updated.
 
*Adjusts his BDU's, pulls his rank patch out of his desk and puts it back on. Picking up his Top-Pot, (M-1 Steel combat Helmet for those that didn't know,) and starts polishing his brass.*

Don't worry son, I'll be ready.:P

:chair:
 
Last edited:
i'm searching for good (key word) realism mods, i'll post with the decent ones if i find any
 

Latest posts

Back
Top