This is a problem for me....

Chocozumo

Famous
Joined
Aug 17, 2008
Messages
456
http://stats.edgegamers.org/hlstats.php?mode=weaponinfo&weapon=fireaxe&game=tf

Look at that link....look at the top of the scores.....do you see anything missing?

No? No...one particular person???
Ok, straight to the point, for a while I have been #1 in axe kills, because the axe is awesome.... I had over 200 kills registered and then WAM!!! The next day my kills for axe were reset to 70 kills, then the next day WAM!!! My kills with the epic fireaxe were reset to NO KILLS AT ALL....now there is someone else claiming my awesomeness place =(

Any idea why the stats have gone GREAT GOOGLY MOOGLY and erased themse.....I mean my stats?

Back to homework!...
 
Oh no! My stats have been messed up too. I was playing for like 2 hours and rank up like 400 spots then boom! It erased all my stats for that game. :( Also, I think that they are working there best to keep it working and so on.
 
Because the stats program only stores a week's worth of kill stats. Each time a new day dawns, you lose your kill stats from the 7th day before that.

Monday 100 kills
Tuesday 50 kills
Wednesday 0 kills
Thursday 10 kills
Friday 50 kills
Saturday 100 kills
Sunday 0 kills
--------------------
equals 310 kills

On the next day, your kills will drop by 100 since you'll lose those 100 kills from last Monday, taking you down to 210 kills. So in order to remain at the top of the weapon kill board, you have to play and do well every day. Which is why my kill stats are almost down to 0. I'm having to take a doctor-prescribed break from TF2.

Some people are just buggy though. If you're playing and not getting any records, then you're just one of the unlucky few. Submit a bug report to the drop box.
 
Last edited:
I didn't realize I had so many kills with the fireaxe. I guess I have been messing around a lot lately.
 
Because the stats program only stores a week's worth of kill stats. Each time a new day dawns, you lose your kill stats from the 7th day before that.

Monday 100 kills
Tuesday 50 kills
Wednesday 0 kills
Thursday 10 kills
Friday 50 kills
Saturday 100 kills
Sunday 0 kills
--------------------
equals 310 kills

On the next day, your kills will drop by 100 since you'll lose those 100 kills from last Monday, taking you down to 210 kills. So in order to remain at the top of the weapon kill board, you have to play and do well every day. Which is why my kill stats are almost down to 0. I'm having to take a doctor-prescribed break from TF2.

Some people are just buggy though. If you're playing and not getting any records, then you're just one of the unlucky few. Submit a bug report to the drop box.

+1 I was like that for most backstabs and most knifings and most sappers, then after the week was out it was reset. Oh well :(
 
Yeah i figured this out after being so happy for dethroning Thereven from a few global awards. then figuring out it was because he hadn't been on in a while and the stats were erasing :(

it really does suck, but on the bright side it gives new members (like me) a chance to beat the best players. nobody could dethrone someone with 13,000 backstabs easily...
 
You guys have to take into account how much space 1 days worth of stats takes up in the database. Before long you can fill up gigabytes and gigabytes of space.
 
Think of it this way. You can play for a week using a particular weapon and charge up the stats list in order to get your ribbons easier. Personally, I should work on them myself--I only have three or so.
 
Back
Top