I havn't been on the server awhile...

Status
Not open for further replies.

[PLC][Ib] NavyF350

I made one post
Joined
Sep 11, 2009
Messages
4
I was muted by one of your admins, for respectfully disagreeing with him and arguing my point without spamming.

Basically someone needed help to figure out how to do something and I thought I'd be a smart a$$. First comment I made was "f10" and the second shortly after was "I don't know."

I was irritated by the user asking the question because theirs were in all caps, where as I at least attempt to form a sentence even if my spelling is atrocious. The user kept asking and said "I know it's not f10," then I replied "google.com" which is a completely legitimate answer because you can find the answer to any question you want.

I can't remember the admin that did it, but it left a really bad taste in my mouth and the first thing that came to mind was "Censoring Communists"

I used no profanity, and was not disrespectful to the individual what so ever, other than providing one response that was not helpful. I was not disrespectful to the admin either, other than indicating that I live a free country and therefore I should be able to respectfully argue my point.

This was a week, maybe two ago and I didn't take a log of it. I was so mad about it I was red in the face and I haven't played Day of Defeat source since.

I play under this name, or [PLC][iB]SturmGewehr on dod_kalt. I am hoping for an apology and if you don't think that is warranted I will be more than happy to continue not using your server.
 
Well, this is certainly the best avenue for this type of grievance...

You should probably jump on over to the "Contest Ban" portion of the website, because in my experience, public and nonspecific accusations and apology requests don't really leave anybody happy (except the moderator who gets to lock the thread).

The tough thing about living in a free country is that private enterprises are entirely free to tell you the rules that they want to use when you're on their turf. Your boss can fire you for arguing to much with him, and admins can mute/ban you for arguing too much with them.
 
READ and FOLLOW these simple rules in the server. Failure to do so WILL result in a kick or ban:

1. Follow the Rules!
2. No Foul, Degrading, Abusive, or Racist Language Allowed
3. Do not block or Griefing
4. No Offensive or Pornography Sprays Allowed
5. No Cheating, Cheat Scripts, Barrier Jumping, Map Exploits or Hacks Of ANY Kind
6. No Arguing with or Impersonating an Admin
7. Do not disrupt the server in any way
8. Support the Admins And Other Community Members
9. Use Only One Name While Gaming Here
10. DO NOT PESTER ADMINS

Those 2 points there should help you understand why you were muted, you cannot argue even if it is a respectful argument, hopefully you understand and this will help clear things up.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top