TF2

Italian_Stallion-TR-

Active Member
Joined
Aug 28, 2007
Messages
326
After watching videos of TF2on youtube and such I have become drawn to this game. However, I can't really afford/wouldn't play all the games in the Orange Box. My question is, is TF2 worth buying by itself?
 
ep2 and Portal are amazing, Ital.

getting two more games for 20 more bucks = worth it.

Save yer money up if ye have to.
 
TF2 and the forum over there rocks, definately buy the game,
Eire.32
 
if you are remotly interested in playing tf2, join up on www.edgegamers.org the roster is closing so you would lose your current status as an eG if you dont register before November 1st I believe
 
The Orange box will be the best investment in a game you'll have in a long time. o_O TF2 is totally worth it.
 
You might as well get the Orange Box. I got it just for the TF2 beta really, but I was also interested in Portal..... it was well worth the money. I still haven't even installed Ep 1..... I could care less.
 
Years ago I purchased the Plantinum package that included CounterStrike, and a bunch of others. I played CS like crazy, learned about DoD (during beta 1.3b days) and while have tried just about everything since then, have never ever put down DoD.

Well, that's changed. I purchased the Orange Box via Steam and have been playing TF2 ever since. In the last two or three weeks I've played DoD:S perhaps ten minutes and TF2 about 30 hours. I hate to say it, but DoD:S is losing it's allure. I'm tired of the CoF and the recoil and WTF moments. I'm tired of waiting for changes and I don't think they will make them.... and TF2 offers a huge amount of fun. I've messed with Portal and find that really a lot of fun. I've also played about an our of Episode One and it's not bad either.

Long and Short? Definitely get it. it'll be money very well spent.
 
OK, looks like I'll be saving my money for a bit with all this feedback. Thanks to all those who swayed me in the direction of buying Orange Box, but I may be a little scarce while I'm working for this.
 
yes despite TF2 bring the best game ever.... the other games were so worth it. Save up
 
[quote1193747853=Proteos.Fleshleaves]
Years ago I purchased the Plantinum package that included CounterStrike, and a bunch of others. I played CS like crazy, learned about DoD (during beta 1.3b days) and while have tried just about everything since then, have never ever put down DoD.

Well, that's changed. I purchased the Orange Box via Steam and have been playing TF2 ever since. In the last two or three weeks I've played DoD:S perhaps ten minutes and TF2 about 30 hours. I hate to say it, but DoD:S is losing it's allure. I'm tired of the CoF and the recoil and WTF moments. I'm tired of waiting for changes and I don't think they will make them.... and TF2 offers a huge amount of fun. I've messed with Portal and find that really a lot of fun. I've also played about an our of Episode One and it's not bad either.

Long and Short? Definitely get it. it'll be money very well spent.
[/quote1193747853]

Thats sort of how I am right now. I've kind of laid off DoD for a different reason though, but oh well. Probably sounds like boasting, but I'm sure people know what i'm saying when my skill level on our servers has advanced far enough that I get peeved and wonder what is wrong with me when I have under a 3.0 K:D ratio. I quit dod a while back for the same reason, but got back into a couple months later, and now I'm back at the same point. It just loses its challenge, and therefore, the reason to play and fun is gone to a certain point.

TF2 is much more challenging to me right now, and so 90% of the time, it is much more fun.
 
Back
Top