Carcrash...What would you do?

Alias[DAM]

EGO Zealot
Joined
Aug 21, 2007
Messages
1,991
Hey guys,

Last sunday i was cruising down the freeway, got out of work late, and i was listening to some chill Jimi Hendrix music. When all of a sudden i see this big cloud of sand hitting my car, i was like, what the hell just happened. Coming out of the cloud i see this car flipping over twice and hitting a pond upside down.

I thought, man, why me, i stopped the car and took a look. Someone else, who stopped also, called the Dutch 911 and i ran as fast as i could to the car, I jumped into the pond and pulled, with the help of a German guy, 3 people out of the car.

They we're all ok, the mother, who said she fell asleep said she had some pain in the neck, and her two children didn't have anything but some very minor injuries.

The police and ambulance arrived shortly and i explained the police-officer what happened. After i did that i left the scene.

2 days later i got a call from the woman/mother i pulled out of the wreck. She thanked me for my actions and wanted to give me a reward. But i said no, since i didn't want a reward for something i thought was just human to do. She also said that her and her children were alright, which is always a good thing to hear.

Just wanted to tell you guys what kind of things i go throught lately ;)
And wanted to know what you guys would have done....

Alias[DAM]
 
Wow!

Very heroic and noble! I am impressed! I think you did exactly what one should do, and what everyone else hopes they'll do if they find themselves in such a situation!

All I can say is: WOOT, and hope someone like you is around if i fall on my face!
 
i cant say what i would but i that i would do the same as u did. But u really never know until it happens
 
"What would I do?"

The same. The opposite is what actually happens if my mother is with me though. Screams, prays and tells me to keep driving. :/ Christmas of 2006 driving to Arizona we saw a car run into this electricity box and catch on fire. Only two people tried helping though, and TOO MANY were spectating.
 
You should've asked for some cookies as a reward. Nothing major, but very, VERY worth it.

Don't know if I would've done the same. Would depend on how deep the "pond" was. I assume you weren't swimming out in a lake, because I don't think I would've been either. Either way, cheers to you and your heroic deeds.
 
Thats awesome, I'm glad you didn't fall prey to the bystander effect, where when theres a group of people everyones brain just says "someone else will do it", Evil prevails when good men fail to act
 
Thanks alot guys, but i don't really feel like a hero, but everybody keeps telling me i am. Even my parents do! Not i don't value the things you guys say, but you know what i mean! :D

And Flea, the pond wasn't deep at all, the water came till my knees, so i think the word "pond" is too big, it was like a ditch along side of the road, with water in it. It was about 5 meters wide if you really want to know what i saw. ;)

There were some pictures taken of the crashed car in the pond, but i'm still looking for it on one of the Dutch sites i think they will be on.

So, maybe more to come,

To be continued...

Alias[DAM]
 

Latest posts

Back
Top