Anyone want to help me by making a skin?

Artinz

EGO Addict
Joined
May 28, 2009
Messages
1,258
I posted this in the creative corner, but either no one saw it, or no one cared :(
Anyways, I wanted a Benchmade Model 42 Butterfly Knife skin but there are none out there, regardless of how much people tell my that a knife with holes is a knife with holes. Anyways, here it is:
bm_42.jpg
 
I would use the first picture posted and I dont mind the second one but I like defaults for some reason.
 
That's a sick looking knife, except for the blade shape
Well, the blade shape is a Weehawk style, which is very practical because of it's large swedge. But, the 40 series had all different kinds of blade types. The model 43 had a bowie blade, the 44 had a tanto, and the 46 had a spear blade. I myself am partial to the 42 and 43, because I love the bowie blade, but I actually have myself a real life 42 (got it two weeks before it was announced that they would be discontinuing it).

I really like the knife, and want to see it in my games, anyone that can help make the model and skin would really be appreciated.
 
he's asking for a skin, not your opinion on skins.

Try Wintermute, he may not do it anymore but I know he used to have a skin shop!
Alright, and I was going to ask GingaNinja, but he only does skins, not models. hmmm...
 
Ok, here is where you will get into trouble with this skin. First off, you can make a skin to match the specs of that knife. However, to make it shine like that would take a bit of clever engineering with the skins and their textures.

If you want it to have holes and a blade shape EXACTLY like the one you have there, you are going to need to model and animate it by yourself, or have someone do it for you. Modeling isn't difficult per say, but you do need a fair amount of expensive software unless there is a cheap-as-free alternative that I have no idea about (Which would rule, just saying).

In any case, I'd be glad to offer any help I can, but if you want the exact model, you are looking at some serious work.

Thanks,

Byron
 
Byron, would it be possible to do reskin of the model used in this knife? That has the holes, and a blade shape with animations already, only needs a new skin. The blade shape is the bowie, so it would be a model 43, instead of a model 42, but I think it would still work.
 
even I could do that, though wintermute might be better than me.
If it just doesn't get done, just PM me.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top