Modern Warfare 2 - We Need Your Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
plzhelp.png


<div style="width: 500px; text-align: center" align="center">The Call of Duty Division is asking for your help.

Saturday morning, the community manager for Infinity Ward dropped a bomb on the Call of Duty community during a podcast interview on BashandSlash.com stating there would be NO DEDICATED SERVERS and NO MOD SUPPORT in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2. Instead, you will be connected using an IW.net matchmaking system much like consoles use, essentially making everyone use each other as listen servers.
What this means for us is no dedicated server, no admins, no custom maps, essentially no community - basically everything that makes eGO great.

I am in awe of the lack of support for our favorite form of gaming.
If we want to play first person shooters on consoles, we would buy a console.

This is an outrage, and I am asking two things of people:

1. Click here to sign the petition.
It may or may not help, but it can't hurt to try.

2. If you have pre-ordered Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2, cancel it.
The one thing that might persuade Infinity Ward is money. As they say, "Money talks."

This is a great community, and we have tons of players. Let's see if we can get the folks at Infinity Ward to change their minds.

Even if you don't play Call of Duty, imagine if this were to happen to your favorite game or possibly the next itteration of your favorite, i.e., TF2, DoD:S or CS:S. Can you imagine your game without dedicated servers?

We had high hopes for this as a new addition to eGO.
Unless me make an impact now, this is the future of PC gaming.


Thank you,

TomsSound
Division Leader
Call of Duty Division



Click here for the original content from BashandSlash.com.

Here are the snippets:

We're doing a lot on the backend to make the game accessible for everyone.
There is no delay for the PC version of MW2
There's prestige mode
Jason West at the MP event, said that he was dead on, on the matchmaking servers. We've been building a system on the backend called IW.NET.
You are completely reliant on IW.NET. There are no server lists. There are no dedicated servers.
You have private matches where you can customize the game
You cannot put MW2 on a dedicated server.
This is the first time we've ever done something like this and the team has huge plans for what IW.NET develops into.
Customizing your game...you have quite a few options in a private match
You're getting same game (as in Console), plus matchmaking and private match.
Server admin point of view, NO DEDICATED SERVERS
</div>



petition.png





​
 
Last edited:
Considering how we are the biggest clan in the world, 100,000 is a lot for an online community. It's still growing in size too. Even though I'm not getting the game anyways I signed it happily.
 
I signed, Although I always like to try new things and i think MW2 is gonna be great, i'm definitely gonna buy it the 1st week it comes out.
 
No dedicated server for pc? screw the online expression. I shall NOT TALK ABOUT PIRATING ANY KIND OF SOFTWARE OF ANY SORT ON THIS FORUM FEAR OF EVEN WORSE REPRECUTIONS

I shall not play online mode without dedicated server.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
No dedicated server for pc? screw the online expression. I shall NOT TALK ABOUT PIRATING ANY KIND OF SOFTWARE OF ANY SORT ON THIS FORUM FEAR OF EVEN WORSE REPRECUTIONS :biggrin_old:

I shall not play online mode without dedicated server.

Realize that the Cracking community for MW:2 will have it's work cut out for them. They have to figure out how to make Cod6 run on a dedicated server, or host their own matchmaking server.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I signed it. What do they think they're gonna get from it? The only thing that taking away the Dedicated servers is gonna get them is a bunch of pissed off people who will eventually refuse to buy the game. What is with the gaming industry? They constantly find ways of pushing people to the limit of NOT buying a game. Even though the game looks fun and will obviously sell, I'm not buying it until it's a clear cut Yes or No on the Dedicated servers. (Game still looks wickedly fun :))
 
it's going to make the game soooo boring if they dont have dedicated servers!, it would mean no more pro mod =(
 
I signed. This is frustrating as it may be a significant step back in PC gaming. I still plan to get the game because the previews look incredible but we'll see if it can live up to their marketing engine.
 
IF I TALK ABOUT TORRENTING AGAIN, I WILL MOST LIKELY BE REMOVED FROM THE COMMUNITY, SORRY

Seriously.
-Cryptex
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I've signed the petition, but judging from the comments coming out of Infinity Ward, I don't think it's going to help.

They don't care about Clans, enthusiast, or even their own fans. They only care about an unspoken group of moderate gamers that they think are either too scared of players better than they are or that they're too stupid to operate a server browser.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top