[poll] Put ourselves on Wikipedia

Eire.32

Poster Extraordinaire
Joined
Aug 23, 2007
Messages
3,630
I got bored because my computer lost internet so on my dads bad interneted laptop i was looking at WQikipeida, but anyway i wondered did edgegamers have a wikipedia page, well... the answer is no (or could not find one). So i was thinking should we have a Wikipedia page, descibing eGO's rise to greatest clan out there in DOD and TF2, so should we have a wikipedia page????
 
That is a good idea, and another good way to show the world who is domintating the DoD:S and TF2 games!
 
we dont want to go around shouting it out to the world that we think we are the greatest clan in DoD and TF2 (even though we are). it would make us look bad if we were to toot our own horn. something of this sort was done before but the person who did it was told to erase all eGO info from the page.

ps. it is a good idea tho.
 
I think a wikipedia page would be a bad idea, for that all it would really serve to do is attract spammers, and really Clan promotion isn't what the wikipedia foundation is about. Yes we are awsome, but we dont need some article to say that. Plus I believe our in server promotion of the guild seems to be working pretty good.
 
Wikipedia is not about this sort of thing at all. If one clan had a wiki page then all clans would have to as well - for ever game made, including guilds and everyhting else its just a bad diea and it will get deleted (liek it should).


Seperately the last time someone tried making one (and went ahead and added one anyhow) it was removed by the councle for obviouse reason and I am pretty sure they said if someone does it again there would be consequences. That was in the middle of the summer I believe.
 
A gaming wiki would be one thing, but Wikipedia? No, no and NO. I don't disagree for the sake of the clan but for the sake of Wikipedia. If everyone who had an internet connection made a page for themselves or their little organization then my beloved Wikipedia would become so convoluted with garbage that it would cease to function as it is meant to. Wikipedia is nothing more than an online encyclopedia in the form of a wiki. Would you ever expect to find eGO or any gaming clan, for that matter, in the pages of an encyclopedia?
 
I can see what you are saying but the site would be about are history as a clan, but maybe wkipedia is not the place for it or any other site so i have not voted myself and am being told the results, maybe this is a bad idea,(by the way wanderer the site is about the clan, not how great we are, we don't need to be the greatest, just once we are happy gaming together then were all happy :D )
Eire.32 !lol
 
you guys are such party poopers. i mean we dont have to have sooo many people now that we have 2000+ people but it wouldnt be bad showing off i guess...
 
Even I(starter of this thread) think its not a good idea the eGO's up top there have very good points and I don't think it would be a good idea anymore, but i kinda like food fights idea,
Eire..32
 
I'll be honest, I only read the OP but I'm just going to quote what I posted in the last 'eGO on Wikipedia' topic:

[quote1194114126=Yoo-Hoo!{RD}]
[quote1186608395=Dominion]
Also, do not edit Wikipedia and plop eGO on there. Does it look like other clans are there? Wikipedia is an objective website & not a place to advertise unless the article is meant for DoD clans.
[/quote1186608395]

This is exactly right. I was the one that removed the eGO section after someone mentioned adding it in another topic about it. Wikipedia is not the place to advertise your clan. Just because everyone can edit it does not mean that everything belongs on there. It is an encyclopedia, after all.

[quote1186608633=Lucky]
i GUESS you really are not supposed to edit them even though there is an edit button
[/quote1186608633]

Don't act like they're squashing expression. It's not a public forum, it's an encyclopedia (as I said above). Some things just do not have their place in an encyclopedia. Feel free to go into the DoD:S article and add a section about CAMP2 or fix some typos or misinformation. That would be welcomed.
[/quote1194114126]
 
i think we should cause it should give like the reason why we are here and wat we are and stuff and wat we have accomplished and stuff,
LIke awards and stuff.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top