dying without honor

I always suicided when my team lost because I didn't want to give the winning team the satisfaction of killing me. Japanese soldiers and Samurai used to kill themselves because they didn't want to be captured or kill because of their honor code.
 
Last edited:
To the victor go the spoils. Sorry, Baumer, it's just how it's ALWAYS been. At the end of the round, the winning team gets a "bonus slaughter round" that lasts...what, roughly 8-12 seconds, if that? Consider it a perk of being on the winning team.

The point system has flaws, yes. But, there's also a major flaw with the ranking system in general, in the fact that people base their worth on their rank in a video game. Yes, people actually "work" their butts off - to be higher ranked at virtually killing other people in a video game that has no impact on their real life reputation or value... that people actually get upset that some one scored better than them... that some how, how many points a person gets for virtually shooting another player regardless if they are armed, unarmed, AFK, drooling on their keyboard, or clicking just as furiously to get away, actually makes some kind of impact on their fragile psyche...

Again, folks - it's a game. Let's have fun with it. If you are so worried about your ranking, your points, and what's fair in a war game setting - then how do you ever have time to enjoy it? Or admin the servers?

Lead by example. Play the game to have fun. Abide the rules. Enjoy yourselves. And if your temper is getting out of control because players who are new to our servers are taking away too many of your points - then take a break for a bit. Get on Vent and crack up with the rest of the community. Do something productive. But don't base your self worth on your ability to click your mouse faster than an 11 year old on two doses of Monster energy drink. It's just not worth it.

One, I realize this thread is about dead. Two, I'm not gonna add or whine about points.

However, while this is "just a game" that doesn't mean it's not competition. So many people here tell me it's not about points, enjoy the game, but to me competing is enjoying! I like to quickscope that pesky mg before he gets me, but I hate randomly dying then from some new guy's blind rifle nade. Games aren't real life, almost all rational people know that, but games are usually competitive because I think humans are intrinsically competitive, even without being hostile.

I'm not that highly ranked, but people like diomed, kirk, and blue stealth (the ones I remember) shouldn't be called unsportsmanlike or whiny because of how they play the game. Kirk camps for hours, and probably gets terrible bed sores, just to get to where he is today! :)
 
Woot?!

when playing DoD, i hate the guys that kill themselves or go spectate when a round is won. they are afraid of losing there points an that pisses the hell out of me. die like a man, or hide. cause if i see a patern, im kicking people:cursing:

Just have fun, i don't give a damn if I loose all my points, I play when I'm bored, not needing points. I think its an addition to see who's having the most fun :D Altho on strand i like running into the mine poles when we've lost as Allies
 
Who cares about points. Isnt the whole point of the game is to have fun? Yes, that is annoying when your about to kill someone after the round and they join specs right before you can kill them very annoying I must admit.
 
i definantly understand where your coming with this. i think its a bad way to display your maturity. :glare:
 

Latest posts

Back
Top