Toyfort Toying.

Mobilize

EGO Addict
Joined
Dec 21, 2008
Messages
1,193
Really, please play with me at this amazing server? >:

Mobilize doesn't really go "happy mode" when this happens:
toyfort.png

I end up apologizing to the guy and leave in sadness for "trying to find more people".

So please, play on this server!
 
I would but no TF2 sucks, also toyfort alt 3? Eugh... editsrbadinmybooks. I like the original better, as I'm sure many warpathians enjoyed the first TF2 warpath more than the edited versions ;-)
 
You speak greatness with trying to get people in there, and then blasphemy by saying the original in all it's clunky problems was better. Trust me, get some peeps in there and you'll love alt3 10x more than the original.
 
I like this, but I like normal toyfort more, maybe a rotation or something of all of em...
 
Does this server still exist? I played on it before but I thought they ditched it for the KOTH maps.
 
Does this server still exist? I played on it before but I thought they ditched it for the KOTH maps.

They added another version of it back. From what I was told it isn't that great. I am going to try it myself anyway to see how *I* feel about it, but I am slightly worried. ;(
 
I love this new Toyfort. This is why:
- Its much more interesting than the original - much more veriety to the map, eg Lifts, ramps above the middle point etc.
- The design stops those infinate stalemates. Its acually possible to win in under an hour with this map as the final control point isn't within a seconds reach of the spawn room.
- The Spawns change depending on which Cp's you control. No more long walks.
- The design makes it more fun for me to play.
This is only my opinion but there is no point in bringing back the original map. It didn't do well and thats why it was removed in the first place. Get enough people on the new map and its real fun to play.
 
To add some to what Ash said:

It's a 5CP map.
Like the name suggests, you're basically a "toy" or at least the size of one. Think of Toy Story. The probs are all toys, small items like pens and boxes and such.
There's everything for everyone. Great sniping spots. Loads of slopes for spies. A number of great ledges for sentries. Equal number of hiding places for demos. High spots for demos and soldiers to shoot down. Corridors. More ramps. 3~4 different routes from each area to the next.

One big downside to this all is that the center point takes the longest to cap, but then again, that's the best place to fight really. The next CPs take a little less to cap and the final point can pretty much be stealth capped by anyone in 5 seconds. Less as a scout.

I liked the original better myself, but this isn't bad. Just let it grow on you.
 
It isn't that great, they added too much stuff to it for it to be fun. All the walkways in the middle seem dumb. Maybe with a full server it would be okay.
 
At first very confusing, but this quickly grew to be one of my favorite maps... I really wish more people would join and give it a chance.. the gameplay on it is great as any class really, and it doesnt take too long for a round but steamrolling isn't too easy either...

give it a chance, if for nothing else to have more than 12 people there at a time...
 
WHAT? this map has exactly as many side paths as BlackMesa, it's just more scenic and thus more confusing, easily mistaken for thousands of paths... besides side paths are fun :D
 
I played on it earlier today and I enjoyed it. Going to start playing it and try to get more people there.
 
can someone give me a one or two line description of this? is it just a stylized 2fort?

toyfort is a map which is made like house (maybe you know the rat_ maps in CS:S)
it has 2 rooms, a blu and a red one with one bed inside, a box with toys, and a shelf

in the middle is a room with stairs (cant walk on them)
with blocks which look like something toy-like (for babies those blocks with letters / numbers on em to learn reading,writing and counting)

and a CP

the map has 5 CP's

one in the middle
1 in front of the beds and one under the beds right in fornt of the spawn of the team


(you are able to get on top of the ebds to spawncamp)

uuhmm......yes i guess thats it

and youre able to snipe from your "toybox" to the enemies spawn
 
Back
Top