Strange to find this out...

? Frisky Dingo ?

Poster Extraordinaire
Joined
Nov 28, 2008
Messages
3,120
Suddenly, I log onto my youtube website after 2 days of being offline and notice that all my big vids have had their songs removed...coincidence?? Perhaps, but doubtful as you can see my test vids all still have thier songs for the most part and I doubt all these people suddenly checked to see if their songs were being used so, my vid will be postponed till further notice...it truly is a sad day for me :crying:
 
Last edited:
If this is the case, i will continue with the work on my vid and post it...id hate all that work to go to waste if they remove the songs I have on it...sigh.
 
Sony Music whatever tried to pull Beethoven's Moonlight Sonata from one of my videos. It was so horrible and stupid, I fought them and I haven't heard from them since.
 
I dont get my music from sony, but sucks that it happened to you. I have a program I DL'd and it gets me youtube music free as an MP3 or what every type I like. This hasnt really happend in a very very long time and now it seems its doing it again
 
The only grounds you have for keeping copyrighted music in videos on YouTube is parody or educational purposes.

Since you're using music for neither of those purposes, they were removed. (No, you can't say a frag video can be used for educational purposes in that they teach you to play a video game better).

I went through the same thing with some of my videos, and some of the videos were kept intact after appeal because they were educational videos about hip-hop.

Warner Bros. is particularly bad about copyrighted music.
 
It's not cool. Muted videos are worse then them being taken down. I still want to know why or HOW Sony could put a claim on Beethoven? On a recording from a independent guy's website? I won in the end, but I really think some of the basis for these claims are false.
 
1) Go to "My Videos".
2) Select "Resolve Copyright" on the video you are having copyright issues with. OR, go to the video itself and choose "resolve copyright" from there.
3) Scroll down and pick the option "I want to learn more about this dispute process".
4) Scroll down and pick the option "Take me to the dispute form".
5) Pick option #2 and PASTE the following statement into the text bar next to it;

"Copyright Disclaimer Under Section 107 of the Copyright Act 1976, allowance is made for "fair use" for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching, scholarship, and research. Fair use is a use permitted by copyright statute that might otherwise be infringing. Non-profit, educational or personal use tips the balance in favor of fair use."

6) Fill out the rest of the info on the page. Use your REAL name where it asks for it. Choose "Continue" when all information has been filled out.
7) Scroll down on the next page and select "Submit dispute".
8) ???
9) PROFIT! (Get your audio back)
 
1) Go to "My Videos".
2) Select "Resolve Copyright" on the video you are having copyright issues with. OR, go to the video itself and choose "resolve copyright" from there.
3) Scroll down and pick the option "I want to learn more about this dispute process".
4) Scroll down and pick the option "Take me to the dispute form".
5) Pick option #2 and PASTE the following statement into the text bar next to it;

"Copyright Disclaimer Under Section 107 of the Copyright Act 1976, allowance is made for "fair use" for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching, scholarship, and research. Fair use is a use permitted by copyright statute that might otherwise be infringing. Non-profit, educational or personal use tips the balance in favor of fair use."

6) Fill out the rest of the info on the page. Use your REAL name where it asks for it. Choose "Continue" when all information has been filled out.
7) Scroll down on the next page and select "Submit dispute".
8) ???
9) PROFIT! (Get your audio back)

That will not work because "fair use" is actually entirely subjective, based upon the content of the work as well as its intent.

However, because this is being done on a service where you agreed to a contract whereby YouTube can do anything to your videos, you have no standing to actually refute the fact your video was tampered, only that they have no possible grounds for targeting you for the reasons they stated.

In a situation like this, the Copyright Act of 1976 can only help you if your video was clearly designed for educational purposes or is a clear parody. "Non-profit" is no longer a viable argument. People distributing music for free made no profit, but they were still considered to be breaking the law. There needs to be an educational purpose or a parody behind its use.

Trust me, I've been through this whole hullabaloo before. Certain things are disputable, others aren't. And trying to dispute when you have no grounds can technically lead to messy legal issues.
 
Last edited:
That will not work because "fair use" is actually entirely subjective, based upon the content of the work as well as its intent.

However, because this is being done on a service where you agreed to a contract whereby YouTube can do anything to your videos, you have no standing to actually refute the fact your video was tampered, only that they have no possible grounds for targeting you for the reasons they stated.

In a situation like this, the Copyright Act of 1976 can only help you if your video was clearly designed for educational purposes or is a clear parody. "Non-profit" is no longer a viable argument. People distributing music for free made no profit, but they were still considered to be breaking the law. There needs to be an educational purpose or a parody behind its use.

Trust me, I've been through this whole hullabaloo before. Certain things are disputable, others aren't. And trying to dispute when you have no grounds can technically lead to messy legal issues.
Already worked for me when I put Disturbed - Indestructible on my Prototype-vid and they decided to remove it.
 
That will not work because "fair use" is actually entirely subjective, based upon the content of the work as well as its intent.

However, because this is being done on a service where you agreed to a contract whereby YouTube can do anything to your videos, you have no standing to actually refute the fact your video was tampered, only that they have no possible grounds for targeting you for the reasons they stated.

In a situation like this, the Copyright Act of 1976 can only help you if your video was clearly designed for educational purposes or is a clear parody. "Non-profit" is no longer a viable argument. People distributing music for free made no profit, but they were still considered to be breaking the law. There needs to be an educational purpose or a parody behind its use.

Trust me, I've been through this whole hullabaloo before. Certain things are disputable, others aren't. And trying to dispute when you have no grounds can technically lead to messy legal issues.

You vastly overestimate the amount of time Youtube spends on flagging videos as okay.

Additionally, you may wish to look over eGO's rules--Cursing is a no-no.
 
...YouTube removed the audio of some girl singing Jingle Bells, the Christmas carol, over DMCA claims.

...fail.
 
See, this is why I use Liveleak.

Youtube shut down my first channel for having 9/11 footage.
 
Something happened to me just afew days ago...with my TF2 memories vids..I had to go with an unknown persons music which is free to use to be able to put music in my vids..Wasn't always like that with youtube..but times have changed. Unfortunately. :(
 

Latest posts

Back
Top