Vista vs. Windows 7

drblac0

Rookie
Joined
Oct 29, 2009
Messages
84
KK, I brought vista ult. in 2007. Here 2 years l8er they have windows 7. What is this? Is it really better then vista? I mean I paid like $299 for Vista, and windows 7 is in the same price range. Oh noes.....can someone give me a heads up on the two.
 
KK, I brought vista ult. in 2007. Here 2 years l8er they have windows 7. What is this? Is it really better then vista? I mean I paid like $299 for Vista, and windows 7 is in the same price range. Oh noes.....can someone give me a heads up on the two.

When you upgrade it's a lot cheaper. 7 is what Vista should have been. It's a LOT better than both vista and XP when you include how close in performance 7 is to XP and all the extra features and capabilities it has.

80+ Benchmarks: http://www.maximumpc.com/article/reviews/windows_7_review

One of the coolest features is the ability to update your devices like Cellphones, MP3's, Printers, any device really, just by plugging it in. 7 will bring up it's own product page instantly and you can see everything related to the device and it will tell you if any new updates are ready for it if you're connected to the internet.
 
Last edited:
hmmmm me thinks I will do homework into this...I might have to invest. thanks for the help!
 
Also use Search on the forums. There are plenty of Windows 7 threads that show the features also real life experience from members.
 
Unless you have an old old comp, you won't see that much difference with Win 7 over Vista. Most reviews say it's not worth it. The Vista bugs have pretty much been worked out.
 
Unless you have an old old comp, you won't see that much difference with Win 7 over Vista. Most reviews say it's not worth it. The Vista bugs have pretty much been worked out.

Except its a lot more stable uses less CPU and RAM overhead as well many more optional upgrades like XP mode?...

Ive used XP Pro, Vista Ult 64, and Win 7 RC 64 and the performance is as good as XP if not better with the features of Vista plus more and less overhead used.
 
Honestly, windows 7 is really great, but I wouldn't pay $219 to upgrade from vista. If things are going smoothly in vista, just hold on for a while until some good deals come out on 7, or you can get it dirt cheap on ebay.
 
If I was building a new computer, Windows 7 all the way. However I would not buy Windows 7 to put on a computer I already have Vista on. Vista is perfectly fine now, and you can modify the install disc to only install what you need so there is less crap you don't need sucking up CPU cycles and RAM.
 
Honestly, windows 7 is really great, but I wouldn't pay $219 to upgrade from vista. If things are going smoothly in vista, just hold on for a while until some good deals come out on 7, or you can get it dirt cheap on ebay.

Yeah, I agree with you Ryken. Vista is doing a great job for me, and while it would be nice to free up some of the RAM it's hogging up and CPU cycles, it works just fine. I have yet to run across a game or a program that runs jacked up because of Vista, it has never crashed on me, over all, it's working for me. Beside, like I said, I just brought it in 07 why waste $219 2 years l8er for something I don't need, I know I won't be needing or using some of the features windows 7 offers anyway. Thanks guys for the help in informing me what windows 7 was all about.
 
if you are a student with an .edu e-mail you can get win7 home or pro for $30. at win741.com
 
windows 7 is better, atleast i think it is. If you don't want, you don't have to upgrade to windows 7. Its a lot of money and would be well spent on hardware.
 
I upgraded from XP today. I did the beta, so it isn't all new. It's a great OS, no doubt. But if hadn't gotten in on the ACM/MSDNAA $20 deal, I wouldn't be paying $200 for it.
 
ACM eh? I remember in my class when they talked about it.

Can you get MIcrosoft word/excel/etc from it?
 
Back
Top