Vista vs. Windows 7

I'm building my own rig in a few weeks/month and I need to get an OS & Microsoft Office. I can get Micro for $10 from my college, but I think Windows7 will be $30. Now I just need to wait until they start selling it, ugh.
 
Thank god I'm a computer science major...free windows 7 professional :DDDDD
 
If your a college student your college might offer special deals. The college i got to now has a program that allows me to get pretty much any operating system for free since im a student here. As well as other office products. Otherwise... just wait for a nice deal at bestbuy or some place to come around.
 
If your a college student your college might offer special deals. The college i got to now has a program that allows me to get pretty much any operating system for free since im a student here. As well as other office products. Otherwise... just wait for a nice deal at bestbuy or some place to come around.

you know I go to college online, never stoped to think about that I got Visual studio 2008 for the price of rocks, so I'm going to see now. Thanks!
 
Wait so how does the student thing work ?

I got a few girlfriends that are students and they are never gonna need windows 7, do they just email someone ?
 
I still don't see the point in upgrading from my Windows XP Professional. Maybe you guys can convince me.

I mean, they removed the Classic start menu interface. To me, that's a major deal-breaker.
 
Last edited:
Well I checked my school and they don't have windows 7 for sale....online classes...pfffffff. I'm prepared to make a deal with those who can get Windows 7 legaly. PM me and we can talk! Other then that I'm sticking it out with vista for a few months more
 
is $30. from win741.com (home premium or Professional) not a good enough deal for you?
 
in my opinion i would wait for windows 7 to sort everything out to make sure that all your drivers run smooth!
 
Thats pretty much been taken care of through the RC. I have yet to find a issue and i really am trying too hard to find one. You can get the upgrade for $115 right now, woulda been good if you caught it with the pre-release sale at $50 which i did, after purchasing vista for $100 3 months prior. Love it. Those Mac commercials get on my nerves.
 
I use windows 7 my brother uses vista.. I have no problems... he has a lot... so for us windows 7 is way better... but that's just us.
 
HMMMM I have been using XP for years, I do have a seat to windows 7 (upgrade for free) from my dad.......I think I mite try it!!!!!
 
Back
Top