Force-A-Nature.

EffeKtioNz

Thread Junky
Joined
Aug 2, 2009
Messages
830
I'm making this thread because I found out something interesting about the FaN. Maybe you know maybe you don't but I'm going to tell you anyway, For instance if you go to reload the FaN and its already got 1 out of 2 clips in it, when you reload it puts in 2 now I only just picked up on this but don't you think Valve could fix that I mean to just make it a bit more realistic? well I do but that my opinion but yeah tell me what you think about this glitch/i dunno.
 
I think its made if You already have 1 bullet in clip, You reload You lose two bullets I mean it makes sense. In combat I don't that scout will check does he got bullets in FaN, he just drop them and put new ones.
 
I think he means, any other weapon that uses a clip (e.g. pistols) simply retains the remaining bullets instead of losing them all.

or perhaps you're only talking about the animation?
 
you already lose 2 shells when you reload, try it, fire one and reload and watch your carrying ammo, you'll lose two shells, not 1
 
Lazy programmers I'd bet. They didn't want to have to program in another else statement in case the player has only one shell left.
 
Lazy programmers I'd bet. They didn't want to have to program in another else statement in case the player has only one shell left.

I hardly think it's lazy, it would probably be just as simple to simply subtract that amount missing from clip from reserve and add it to the clip.

It's clearly intentional, because the original design behind the gun made it so that they didn't want people to constantly be reloading the thing, i.e. make it more hindering. But now that auto-reload is available, it means that the FAN basically has less ammo in combat conditions than the Scattergun is auto-reload is on.
 
I hardly think it's lazy, it would probably be just as simple to simply subtract that amount missing from clip from reserve and add it to the clip.

It's clearly intentional, because the original design behind the gun made it so that they didn't want people to constantly be reloading the thing, i.e. make it more hindering. But now that auto-reload is available, it means that the FAN basically has less ammo in combat conditions than the Scattergun is auto-reload is on.

Who uses auto-reload anyways?

There's no auto reload in war!!!! :P
 
Who uses auto-reload anyways?

There's no auto reload in war!!!! :P

Just be thankful there's no gun-jamming in this game, like in America's Army.

Oh my goodness...so absolutely frustrating, a gun jamming in the middle of a firefight. Crappy M4A1s...

The irony is that when you pick up an enemy AK47, it never jams.

It's like, a secondary objective in that game is to kill and take an enemy's gun, because it's just so much better than your own.
 
Both shells are loaded simultaneously, so the remaining shell would have to be ejected to reload it.

Now everybody go equip the F-A-N and roam the vents of Black Mesa with me!
 

Latest posts

Back
Top