ad_reactor_test1 ready for testing

Dragonhill

Thread Junky
=(e)=
Joined
Apr 28, 2008
Messages
772
Hola all,

i have a new version of reactor. I have also decided on the prefix for the new game mode

Attack and Destroy (ad)

map can be found
here.

we will test it in the usual place. It would be nice if you down load it ahead of time, and run around it

~D
 
Here are some screen shots..i have not put in the "pretty" yet..just the gameplay collision

~D
 
Looks good so far Dragonhill. :thumbup1:We need a new map since I am kind of board with the others. :sleep:
 
Will you be running it on an eGO server? Should take down one of the two harvest servers and put this there. I'd play it a ton.
 
Dragonhill has made a second map! =D

I just downloaded the link and I'll test it shortly. I'll be back to tell you what I think. =)
 
Awesome map there Dragonhill, love all the spy hiding spots I found and all the diff ways I can infiltrate the enemy base...and yes there are more than 2 ways inside that base as a spy :P Had a great time yesterday owning on that map as spy as well. Cant wait for the full finished version.
 
I had a great time playing the map last night. It was a ton of fun I only had the chance to play as Soldier and Demo but I've already discovered 3 or 4 ways to get on top of the reactor. Though I was working on another way I don't know if its possible. (As a trick jumper from Quake 3 I tend to find ways to jump to different spots =D)

The only parts of the map I have complaints about are the bases and the reactor top. The Blu base in particular seems easily infiltrated while Red usually doesn't have that problem (seeing as they can exit their base earlier.) I think restricting Reds to the lower floor (blocking off the sniper deck air-duct) would allow Blu players to at least leave their base before dieing horribly.
My other problem is that Soldiers and Demomen atop the reactor seem a bit too self-sufficient with all of the health and ammo available. Considering that each small health pickup gives 30% health and there are three of them, a soldier can pretty much stay up there without much fear aside from a sniper headshot, then again this problem is magnified if the sniper is Blu. Since the soldier's teammates are usually standing right next to the sniper. Limiting the health and ammo to one medium pack a piece would be ideal in my opinion. Other health kits are all large but only one requires a risk to obtain. I already learned to not go back into that box, rather I'll just retreat and go up the nearby stairs.
A neat gameplay suggestion would be to have a button in the control room where teams could open or close the reactor core. Blu would have to control the room to attack the core. Though this might be difficult considering Engineers could always just build next to either and tank their sentry.
Fun map, can't wait to see the final product.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top