Anyone realize how stupid the guns in Borderlands are?

Artinz

EGO Addict
Joined
May 28, 2009
Messages
1,258
Just realized that pretty much every gun in the game is a single-action revolver, from the snipers to the shotguns. Just an FYI, single-action revolvers haven't been made since the late 1800s, because double-action revolvers were invented. The difference is that single-action revolvers only did one of the two actions (in most cases turning the cylinder), but double-action did both (triggering the hammer and rotating the cylinder). So, in a game that takes place in the future, they use low-tech weapons from the past... and did you think about Sledge's Shotgun? Are you serious? They couldn't even make that a double barrel?
 
Yeah, and shotguns that set people on fire haven't existed since the Russo-Brazilian war of year 20XX. Or did that just happen in my head?

It's not important. What is important is that Borderlands has sort of a Western theme going on, which took place in the late 1800s.
 
umm...have you used any SMG's or any MG's or any repeater pistols?

Plus the revolvers are sweet. Patton rules all with an iron fist.

Sorry friend but I must agree to disagree with your conclusion on this matter.
 
i for one love the revolver style sniper rifle, looks awesome. And the game is so much fun to play i dont care what style revolver the gun might be.
 
Yeah, and shotguns that set people on fire haven't existed since the Russo-Brazilian war of year 20XX. Or did that just happen in my head?

It's not important. What is important is that Borderlands has sort of a Western theme going on, which took place in the late 1800s.

Agreed. While borderlands is set in the future, it's a apparent post-apocalyptic future where some things have changed, skags, it would also be step backwards in time, shanty-towns, plus is this really taking place on planet earth? BTW, its not made by the history channel so I believe some creative freedom was used.
 
Yeppers, I still remember when they used this little gem at the OK corral. :P
thungerstorm.jpg

(my favorite gun right now, it does x8 damage and can decimate a crowd in one shot)
 
next I'm going to be told I shouldn't use zerking brick because my fists are an archaic way of fighting :(
 
next I'm going to be told I shouldn't use zerking brick because my fists are an archaic way of fighting :(

no, fists are brutish and repulsive, better to spray a bandit full of scattergun shot.

btw, hitting a skag is animal abuse, call the aspca or peta to petition gearbox to drop that from the game.

:P
 
btw, hitting a skag is animal abuse, call the aspca or peta to petition gearbox to drop that from the game.

:P

omg you're right, hahaha

but ya, its a game...or did you comment about the same things in unreal tournament and quake too
 
yea really man if you dont like it why are you playing it? and it isnt supposed to be realistic like everyone said...does anyone really run around these days screaming " more meat for me!!!!" lol
 
These weapons are just fun and I find the style to be interesting. All that matters is that I have a pistol and a sniper rifle that light people on fire. And don't forget a bird that can beat down on my enemies. And no this game is not on Earth it is on the planet Pandora.
 
has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like

The guns are fine.
 
I know where the guy is coming from, but even if he was right (which I think he is on this subject, i'm alittle rusty on my GUN KNOWLEDGE)

we are talking about guns that can shoot fricken fire, electricity, and acid at people...and your calling the guns stupid because they're basicly 200 years old.... hu... your already swimming upstream w/ that argument,mate. Just saying.

also, the patton is just win... i think it actually takes a quote from george patton...which is awsome!
 
You all seem to have missed the point. I'm not talking about ammunition, which is where the explosives and other elemental attributes would come from anyways. I wasn't saying that the game is fun by it, I'm only pointing out something that I found that was weird, just like the scopes on the shotguns.
 
Well the point you seemed to make at first was that you hated the guns. I think you shouldn't have wasted 50 bucks on a game your just going to point out things you hate completely about the game. Fail. :)
 

Latest posts

Back
Top