A Problem with my Good Ol' TF2

Skill/CJaZ

EGO Addict
Joined
Oct 2, 2008
Messages
1,225
Seemingly since you guys are so awesome, I need some help.

My TF2 is acting up again and Ive done everything to fix it.

I need some suggestions, and/or someone could send me their TF2 folder.

The problem is

All the models are completely white, except for the weapons.
There is severe and I mean SEVERE lag.
 
may be best to uninstall your game and then reinstall it. If that doesnt fix it (which it should) try ad do as GL suggests and verify your game cache. If the problem occurred after trying to install a skin then perhaps you need to reinstall it, if its a diff problem then verifying your game cache should fix it, if that still doesnt work...there is steam support that may be able to help you.
 
may be best to uninstall your game and then reinstall it. If that doesnt fix it (which it should) try ad do as GL suggests and verify your game cache. If the problem occurred after trying to install a skin then perhaps you need to reinstall it, if its a diff problem then verifying your game cache should fix it, if that still doesnt work...there is steam support that may be able to help you.


All Steam Support managed to do was waste an hour of my life.

I'm doomed.
 
Wait before you do that. Are you running any special configs? Like FPS improver or anything else? If so i would adjust the settings in the config first.
 
I feel for u, i really do...but is this the proper place to ask any one to send you a part of their game?? Some may send the wrong thing and you end up with thier account ect...Steam support should be able to help you, perhaps you need to keep asking them until you get the problem fixed imo. Sorry about your situation.
 
I'll upload my TF folder for you, and you should have it by the end of tomorrow if someone hasn't sent you one already.
 
Recently a friend of mine had a horrible lag problem with both hl2 and l4d, a system restore fixed it right up. I'd only do this if you only have no other ideas. Also, back when tf2 updated, I was having horrible lag as well, I just went back to an older video driver and it's playing fine now. Not sure if its just my card that'll work with that solution, but its something to try.
 
ZERO, you say its acting up again. So it has done this before? What did you do to fix it last time it happened?
 

Similar threads

Latest posts

Back
Top